Is it just me...

or does anyone else think the maps in mw3 are to small and cater for the campers and those who like to spend the game hidden in corners? Compared to the ones in mw2 i think they are shockingly bad. Very few open maps for sniping and far too many small close quarters which just results in people hiding in corners. I'll admit i'm not much of a sniper but its good to have some variety, not maps that are far too similar.

I'm probably getting unlucky in the games and people i'm playing but it is starting to get annoying.

Another thing, i'll probably get lynched for this but does anyone else misst the danger close perk? Yeah i'll admit it was frustating playing against people who constantly noob and use rockets i'll own up, i was one of them :p) and i can totally understad them taking it out of mw3 but it just seems they have taken away one "problem" and brought in another one with all the hiding.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'll agree that the maps are small and it would be nice with a little more variety in maps.  I don't think it caters to campers though.  Im a "run around like a chicken with his head off" kinda guy and I can usually kick the campers out of their little hidey holes.  I definately don't think there are more campers than in previous games.  People camp like their life depended on it in all the CoDs I've played.

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

I'll agree that the maps are small and it would be nice with a little more variety in maps.  I don't think it caters to campers though.  Im a "run around like a chicken with his head off" kinda guy and I can usually kick the campers out of their little hidey holes.  I definately don't think there are more campers than in previous games.  People camp like their life depended on it in all the CoDs I've played.

[/quote]

Hmm, I'm going to have to disagree. I think there are more people camping in this game than there ever were in CoD4. Obviously due to the fact that as the franchise grew in popularity, there were more people attracted to it, a lot of them probably being younger people. And yes, I am implying that it's the younger people that camp in this game.

Back to the OP though, I agree. I feel that there are a lot more nooks and crannies on MW3 maps than the other CoDs. It would be nice to have a little bit more variation in the maps than ones that simply just induce CQC.

The simple fact that scavenger no longer replenishes claymores is enough for people to camp less.... myself included.

people are going to camp no matter what you do....but i never see people who camp go + their just two many ways to flank ..so using teamwork on the mic etc the campers stand no chance & mostly rage quit after being killed a few times

I never realised that until you brought that up, shows you how often i use scavenger :p

exactly... once I realized that, I changed tactics. I was never a run-n-gun guy until MW3.  I don't even have a sniper class!

camping in MW3  is the worst out of all the other CoDs....I have a sniper class but i've never used it....I don't even have the first camo unlocked for it.

I run and gun.....

Danger Close..............NO.

I use Scavenger all the time. Four Assault Rifle classes, a Snipe, a Sub Machine Gunner and a Light Machine Gunner at the moment.

I really wouldn't mind if Scavenger would at least replenish Stinger Missiles...

Does scavenger replace normal rockets?