Is It Just Me...

Or Is making a Lava Moat surrounding a Wood Plank House a Bad Idea?? Because me and my friend made a house near the lava pit on the seed, eve. So then we made a lava moat around it since it was on easy. Ehhh We died a few times from the wooden bridge disappearing. When we fixxed it we went inside and noticed that all 4 walls were surrounding us with fire ^-^ We each had 5 or less hearts left and had no tools from the Lava murdering Us ( There Goes the chance to sell the house )

So we technically ran for the door until right outside was several creepers along with a ton of fires since we had a little wooden porch surrounded by 4 block tall fences. Then We went back in to get our dogs in there of course, Wooden Dog pens and they were on fire and we watched them die. So Then we just caught our selves on fire and both left the map with out saving and just deleted it. So To everyone making a wooden plank house with a lava moat I would be cautious as well youll be screwed then and the house we worked on for 4 hours withought saving

Any Questions?? Anybody had this happen before??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="Ronin6337"]

Wooden half slabs don't burn so use those to build around lava or fire.

[/quote]

A very good idea except that I delted the world

[quote user="WildAttorney"]

Sorry to hear about your dogs.  It is always sad when a digital canine companion passes on.

[/quote]

LoL I know it sucks since bones are hard to come by when you don't have any arrows and armor and wolves rarely spawn.

Before we got cats on the PC I had all these open stands of burning nether rack around and inside my house. They burned upa good number of zombies. But when I got the cats they kept jumping up into the flames and start howling as they burned to death. Now I have iron bars on them. Minecraft cats are pretty dumb. Lol

3 squares away, combusables will burn.  Also, your friends will fall in more than the zombies.

Especially if they teleport to you when you're right next to a pool of lava.

Sorry to hear about your dogs.  It is always sad when a digital canine companion passes on.

Lava is definitely unforgiving. Had a lava fall in one my games that rerouted from some work I did and started a whole forest  on fire. Also burned up a few pistons that were too close to a lava tower at my stone fort and took 2 dogs too. The plus side was it would leave the occasional cooked pork chop, wool block, or leather.

Wooden half slabs don't burn so use those to build around lava or fire.

Haha yes it is a bad idea to build with anything flammable close to lava. I built a house in a friends world that had some wood on the walls near a glass encased lava pillar. The wood was multiple rows away from the lava too.