Is it confirmed that buying a 250gb HDD for the 4gb xbox 360 slim will allow your console to become backwards compatible???

I own both and it is still not working, i have heard everything there is to hear about this situation accept someone confirming that in fact the buying the HDD does make the system backwards compatible. I don't want someone who just says that it works. I want someone to confirm this! I want someone who went to a gamestop or something like it went home put the HDD in the 4gb slim and played a original xbox game that was not able to work before the HDD.

This information honestly is needed terribly becuase no one i've talked to has given me that answer thus far.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 195 Applies to:

Yes you need the 250 gig xbox s hd for the xbox s however remember that not all games will work with the xbox 360

Only the games on the backwards compatibility list will work

en.m.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

That is the complete list

It is longer then the ps3s but they stopped adding to the list in 2008 but at least all hd based xboxes do work with the list

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can confirm buying a 250GB hard drive will make your Xbox 360 Slim 4GB backwards compatible with all the games on this list.

Note:  The 250GB hard drive you buy MUST be an OFFICIALhard drive, don't be tempted to buy a cheap drive from the likes of eBay, these drives are mostly fake and will not allow you to run original Xbox software.

Sorry this didn't help.

I, too, can confirm this.  I originally bought a drive off ebay and backward compatibility wouldn't work. However, when I found out that it was possibly a fake, I bought an official one at Best Buy and now backwards compatibility works just fine, as long as the title is on the compatibility list.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, don't go for a cheap one. I did and it has given me grief. It looks exactly like real hard drive would, even the box fooled me, with xbox avatars on it and the xbox lime green swirls/stripes on it. Good luck with your games :)

Sorry this didn't help.

You also need to download backward compatibility software from xbox live, it should happen automatically when you insert an original xbox disc.  If you do not have xbox live, try downloading the software and burning it to disc.

Sorry this didn't help.