Is it cheating to use a fighting stick online if it has turbo?

I wanted to know if it was cheating or against the rules to use a Hori arcade stick online.I thought about buying the premium one but found out it has turbo?Could you be banned for using one online?I'm afraid I'll be playing online in a match and accidently turn it on or something.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can't accidently turn on turbo.

I've never had an arcade stick so I'm not sure exactly how to use the turbo.

It's normally in the form of a switch placed away from the buttons.

Seriously if you manage to turn on the turbo on a fight stick you should probably go back to control pad, lol.

Oh yeah it's in switch form lol. One of my friends has one but theirs didn't have turbo but anyways if you use it online is that cheating?

Dont worry about it , you wont get banned for using it. Even the mad catz SF4 tourney sticks have the turbo switch. Sheesh why are kids such spazes thesedays, just relax.

Technically yes, it can be classed as using a method to exploit a game. It's not an officially supported product and is generally frowned upon in fighting communities.

If you want to be good, and be respected online, don't use it, ever.

Ok... I didn't plan on using the turbo at all I wish it didn't have the feature at all. I still want the arcade stick just without the turbo lol. I guess I'll just be careful not to touch the switches.

you wont accidently turn turbo on.

Ok I won't turn turbo on ever. I just was making sure if it was ok to use a fighting stick online because it's easier for me to do combos with one and then I found out they pretty much all have turbo...  I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be banned.

ummm no. you wont get banned for using a fight stick since fighitng games almost require a fight stick if you want to get really good.

Thats like asking if using a racing wheel in a racinggame will get you banned.