Is Fallout: New Vegas worth it, if...

I was just wondering if Fallout: New Vegas was worth buying if I am unable to get any of the patches, because my internet it too slow to do this? 

Thanks for anyone who reads or responds to this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Without the patches the game can be fairly glitchy, though the worst I personally encountered pre-patch was some long load times.  Most of the glitches that you'll encounter are fixable by saving, exiting, clearing the cache, and starting back up.  You'll want to keep a number of save slots running, at least 10 in a rotating pattern, just in case you encounter a game breaking glitch.  My short answer would be yes, but be prepared for a few recurring issues.

It wouldn't be much different. I'm sure by now they have been making the game with the patch so I wouldn't worry about anything. This game is definatly worth it and the greatness of the game will outweigh any problems you have.

[quote user="Captain Beretta"]

It wouldn't be much different. I'm sure by now they have been making the game with the patch so I wouldn't worry about anything. This game is definatly worth it and the greatness of the game will outweigh any problems you have.

[/quote]

It may, but I wouldn't count on either them having added the patches or on getting a disc that happens to have them.  Also note that some of the patches do things other than fix bugs, like modifying how some weapons work, changing prices, and altering how some perks work.  Some of the differences can be quite noticeable, though I don't think any of the changes are significant enough to say you have to have (or avoid) a patch.

Check to see if you can get the update from the website via flash drive or disc.

I never had problem with my copy only minor glitches like in every game released.

The worst that happened to me was the game crashed and my saves were corrupted, that was with in the first hours of the release and then the next day a patch came out.

Wait until the GOTY edition which we all know is eventually gonna come.  

Bethesda is saying that they will release Old World Blues on July 19th. I swear Scouts Honor

Late July, are you serious?

don't you habe a friend with internet. Update there