Is Deus Ex One Of Those "Sneaky" Games

Like where basically the only way to play it is to be all stealthy without setting off alarms or becoming noticed?

The game looks interesting but I suck at those type of games, dont have the patience for it, I just wanna kill people =)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Haven't actually played it but after looking at gameplay and reviews it looks as if you can choose what you want to do. Such as you can go into a firefight or you could be stealthy and find ways to avoid them.

Yea, think of it exactly like the Splinter Cell games. You can go through the levels either way, but the game heavily favors being stealthy. You will die quickly if you try to go in guns blazing. This isn't Call of Duty where you can just storm through levels massacring waves of enemies.

Basically what everyone else has said. It can be played either way but will become very hard if you dont think things through well. Enemies are will take you down in very few shots, and once you aleart one every enemy around comes after you lol.

The game is a masterpiece but if you want to play a normal FPS play CoD games.  If Deus Ex had zombies you wouldn't mind about the sneaky gameplay.

[quote user="NetshadeX"]

If you "just want to kill people" like you said, you're better of looking elsewhere...

[/quote]

Oh really?

you can adapt 'Adam Jensen' to your preferred playstyle when upgrading AUG's (stealth/combat/hacking etc). The combat in this game is awesome - the weapons pack a real punch, but running and gunning is virtually impossible, as it only takes a few hits to go down and the AI's accuracy is lethal, so you'll always need some degree of stealth in any given firefight, but that's what this game is all about and I love it.

Game is tedious as a stealth game and barely competent as a shooter. If you "just want to kill people" like you said, you're better of looking elsewhere...

The game heavily favors stealth play, but you can still go at it guns blazing and do well.

It's one of those games where you choose your style of play.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Yes its easy to run and gun because there is a cover system and you could just focus on combat augs. This game is holding my interest but im stuck on a quest and cant be stuffed trying harder... Enemies seem to easily hear stealth kills so that makes playing that way require more effort. I run and gun.