Is Borderlands any Good for Single player?

I hear many people saying Borderlands is good for co-op, but is it any good for single player alone?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hell no.  It's soooo boring.  The only reason I even remotely liked the game was because of coop.  And I 1000/1000'ed the game.  I have no idea how.  Don't even care for achievements.

No. If you want to understand what boredom truly feels like, then play Borderlands Solo. Think Fallout 3 if it wasn't ugly, but with no plot aside from checking a laundry list of quests.

While playing co-op certainly makes the game easier, it's still a very enjoyable game for it's single player content. Being a FPS-Diablo-esque dungeon crawler, the game offers plenty to do, and achieve on your own. Plus you don't have to share in the loot

While co-op in borderlands is awesome, I still very much enjoyed playing it solo.

Sharing the loot isn't a problem in Borderlands, though, because the loot generally sucks.  I was highly disappointed with the special alien weapons (I can't remember what they're called).  The only weapon that was really worth it was the Hellfire SMG or whatever my friends called it.  See how much I really paid attention to the game?

I played single player and enjoyed the game.

I got stuck EXTREMELY early on... I don't know if I'm the wrong class, or using the wrong weapons, or the wrong tactics, but Borderlands picked a bad time to be difficult. I don't think I've played it at all since last year, and I never managed to find someone to play it with. I wouldn't recommend going it alone at all. And I really wanted to like it too, now it's just something I'm gonna pick up again one of these days. (Just like Tony Hawk's Project 8)

You can still play and have fun in Borderlands if you really enjoy stat-crunching and are typically a solitary gamer. However, Borderlands really begins to shine when you play multiplayer. The game's the best when it's full and every character is playing as a different class.

I enjoyed playing it solo, but i would recommend co-op. The more people,the better the loot.

Considering you can get it for $15 it's definitely worth a purchase.  I played solo and had a really good time with it.