Is boosting allowed?

A few of the games i have have hardly anyone playing multiplayer, which makes it impossible to get some achivements normally. Is boosting allowed or can my account be banned for it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No, boosting isn't anything you can get banned for, as long as it's you and others playing the game and you're not using a modding devise. 

You will not get banned for boosting, but some people do frown upon it.

It is always best to simply refer to the Code of Conduct in terms of what is allowed and what is not allowed while on Xbox LIVE.

As long as you don't use an exploit to earn those achievements you will not be punished.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

If people rarely play that game online as you say there'll likely be nobody around to report your actions.

Boosting is dishonest, and to some, we look down upon it. Can you be banned for it? I suppose you could.

[quote user="Mizzzah"]

Boosting is dishonest, and to some, we look down upon it. Can you be banned for it? I suppose you could.

[/quote]

Actually, no you cannot get banned from XBL. The XBL Policy Enforcement Team has said time and time again, they don't care if you allow your Friend to shoot you in the head X number of times. It's using nothing more then what the Game was built with.

Some Developers on the other hand can and will Ban from their Server end. Bungie is one such Dev that does not take Boosting lightly.

You can't get banned for boosting. I boosted all the time in COD. Boosting is playing within the rules of the game. Anyone who says that you can get banned for boosting is not someone that I would take advice from.

I've heard black ops and mw3 have started to banned people who boost now, is this true?

[quote user="Robby Odom 2008"]

I've heard black ops and mw3 have started to banned people who boost now, is this true?

[/quote]They ban or suspend people for violating the Terms of Use all the time.  This is not a resent occurrence.  They have always done that.