Is being good at MW3 a skill or an ability?

Skill being something that you need to practice to master, ability meaning "born with it".

I have to say ability for sure. I can go months without playing a game, come back and play, and make it seem like I last played the game yesterday. I.E., do very well. Meanwhile, there are many high prestiges in this game (It's assumed with all the playtime they'd just naturally get better) that either have below a 1 K/D, or hardly above a 1.

What do you think?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A little of both.

Age can be a factor, too.  Some of us aren't aging as well as we could.  Eyesight is getting worse, reflexes are slower. etc...  Doesn't mean we still can't play and have a good time.

My K/D is 1 or below, I cannot run-and-gun, but I can cover flanks and the rear, and shoot down any and all air support, and still feel like I had a good game and helped whatever team I am on.

skill haha, its whoever has the worse internet connection..bad internet=better connection with this game

define "being good at mw3"

Skill, in that you have to learn the maps.

Ability, in that you benefit from good eyesight and quick reflexes.

Id say connection plays a big part in it all. But, a good player (skill and ability) with a good connection, brings the pain.

Being good at MW3 is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will, five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain and a hundred percent reason to remember the name!! ;)

What name?  J/K.  I love Fort Minor.  Much better than his other band.  

I'd say ability ........ skill is the ability to use that ability effectively.

Lag does play a big roll. And for those that say the worse the connection, the better .......... its a bunch of bs. People with bad connections are disadvantaged as much as good connections, or moreso. Quit making excuses .... its the firggin internet and connection is always going to be an issue. ....... for EVERYBODY.

The more I play, the more it becomes obvious how important connection is.  Beyond that I don't know, but connection is a major part of this game for better or worse.

I haven't played this game in probably a week, but I can guarantee you that I could return at any time and post at least a 2.0 K/D every single match. This game isn't really about a natural born ability. Obviously, eyesight and reflexes play a big role. Another huge factor that goes unseen by many is the fact that more and more gamers use Turtle Beaches. Having the X41's, I have to say it provides a huge advantage when I can hear you stomping around behind me. That being said, I'd have to say it's more of a skill. If you're really struggling and don't want to see your stats go down, you can always hit up a past COD title for some practice; it DOES help.

And for all those whining about connection..find another damn excuse. The only way it comes into play is if your lagging like a mother load and can't even move around the map, which means you probably shouldn't be playing the game anyway with your dial-up connection.