Is Battlefield 3 worth a buy?

Its been one of those games I keep saying that i'm going to get it soon someday ever since it was released but just have had the incentive so really drop the cash on it haha. Ive heard mixed reviews and opinions on it.

I really liked Bad Co. 1 & 2 though, multiplayer is great and the campaigns were very enjoyable.

But for BF3 so far i've heard that the campaign is completely boring without the Bad Co characters and story, and the multiplayer seems to have a lot of problems. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It is literally nothing like the bad company series. If you like the bad company series it does not mean you will like battlefield 3. I personally would pick Bad Company 2 as the best shooter I've ever played and Battlefield 3 as the worst.

-

The single player is extremely boring. The co-op was pretty fun, but standard and not worth running through it again.

I always hated Batttlefield. I hated the Battlefield 3 beta. Just never could get into it.

My brother wanted it for Christmas, so I found it cheap for him and he didn't really like it so I tried it out and I've been addicted. It's MUCH better than the previous games. It's great, and I haven't even touched the single player or coop. I'd say it's worth buying, but you should definitely try it first. Perhaps rent it from RedBox? Or go to a friends house who has it?

What problems in Multiplayer?   Man , the game is fun and addictive...

The campaign has the honor of being the first one that was so boring I can't bring myself to finish.  One day maybe, but I'd have to be pretty desperate.  The mp is fun with friends, but no fun whatsoever by yourself.  Unfortunately for me, my friends that play BF3 play at a time I can't.

[quote user="Bunionz"]

[/quote]More like unbalanced and filled with useless cheap trinkets.

Yeah the campaign is pretty boring, I had to drag myself to finish it. The multiplayer is pretty fun if you play with a squad of friends but its boring and frustrating if you play alone.

I havent beat the campaign yet, but the multiplayer is great. I would imagine it is better with friends, buy hey I get random good team mates from time to time which makes it better. I didnt like it at first, but  I think its worth buying for the multiplayer.

as IsaacClark said, BF3 is terrible. BC2 was awesome though.

It's a solid game. If you like previous BF games you'll probably enjoy BF 3. I haven't played much of the SP so I can't really comment on that. The co-op missions were okay....the only draw for me was unlocking MP weapons.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[quote user="Bunionz"]

[/quote]More like unbalanced and filled with useless cheap trinkets.

[/quote]Well after playing cod to death, it doesnt seem bad to me....atleast its different and items and weapons in the game is unmatched in number which makes it more ingaging and fun