Is anyone having as much problems as I'm having?

Seriously. This game is a bug fest for me. I usually get one or two "normal" freezes while playing. I also see many texture bugs or things stuck in object such as rocks or buildings. Lately the game has been freezing right after the loading screen. I open a door to go to a new area, I get a loading screen, the loading finishes and goes to that black screen just before everything is loaded, but it stays in the black screen. It just freezes there. It's very frustrating.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

These are all common problems with this game and it's predecessor Fallout 3. Much of the issues stem from the game engine used and the DLC(s). We major issues in Fallout 3 too. Make sure You install to the HD and if the loading screen comes on, do nothing until it finishes. VATS is also a culprit in causing the screen to freeze up. It's a fun game, but Your issues go all the way back to Oblivion for the most part. Good luck

NV is far worse than Fallout 3 though, I've played Fallout 3 far more and had almost no problem with it at all.

I would agree with that Bob. You would think that most issues We had with Fallout would be ironed out in New Vegas. Don't know if having a different development team would make the difference. Obsidians guys had everything handed to them on a silver platter and for the most part New Vegas is nothing more then an add on of Fallout 3 or as I call it " Lone wanderer goes on vacation.

I have the same problem with New Vegas with the freezing and having to get stuck in rocks and walls. But the main reason for all of this is probably because the center part of my disc is cracked because I put back in the case with a little too much pressure. I also think i might be able to solve this by installing it into my hard drive but I only have 3.4 GB of 20 GB left. And the three games that take up the most space on my hard drive is Halo 3, Halo Reach and Forza 3. And I'd figure the only way that I would get enough space for New Vegas on my hard drive is to delete 90% of the data for Halo 3 and Halo Reach because its mainly just screenshots, maps and films that take up most of the memory.

Do you have Halo 3 installed too? Because I thought Halo 3 was not suppose to be installed on the HD? I seem to remember Bungie saying it wasn't optomized for it and there was a pop up notice about that when loading the game a while a go.

I would have to say this has been the buggest game i have ever played in my life no kidding there at all!

Fallout 3 had like none compared to this one lol

still a great game, but it makes me wonder how did it get past the game testing like this?

You think they allowed time for testing?

Obsdian head a deadline for the game, so in some senses; it was rushed.

Jenny I think a lot of this goes back to Bethesda contracting the game out to Obsidian. Bethesda team members had experience building Fallout 3 and would have caught many of the issues Obsidian contractors experienced.  Bethesda developers experienced some of the same issues when Oblivion came out in 2006 because the Havoc game engine was used in it's development.

I don't think it was rushed as their engineers had a learning curve to make up. Bethesda Released Fallout 3 in October 2008  and developed 5 add ons to the game and released them starting with Operation Anchorage January 2009 and ending  August 2009 with Mother ship Zeta so one every two months. In contrast New Vegas released October 2010 and has gone almost a full year with the release of 3 add ons and one pending. They dropped the ball and cost Bethesda potential revenue when the game was first released and had a buzz going. Not many people will care about add ons once Skyrim is released.