Is anyone exited for Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I really like the series and I didn't even know it was coming out next year until I looked.

No-ones saying anything about it in their most anticipated games this year or anything, there seems to be no hype unless you're a fan of the series.

So is anyone actually going to buy this day 1?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It has Spy Vs Merc.

I'm ready to annihilate once again.

Ever since Conviction I've lost all excitement for Splinter Cell games.

Though this may be more "open" than Splinter Cell 1-4 in the way you can approach things, I really do miss the finesse you had to put behind each action in the older titles.

Though, who knows, this may turn out to be better.

I'm not sure about day 1, but I'm definitely looking forward to this game. I liked Conviction so if this is at least as good than that's great!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

when cheap i'l think about it, I actually liked conviction ( though it was WAY to short and I miss the more stealth elements). but I liked conviction for the $12 I bought it for, I would have been pissed if i bought it for $60, or even $30.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

when cheap i'l think about it, I actually liked conviction ( though it was WAY to short and I miss the more stealth elements). but I liked conviction for the $12 I bought it for, I would have been pissed if i bought it for $60, or even $30.

[/quote]Dohohohohoho... I preordered the damned thing for $60. That was the last game I have and ever will preorder.

I'm excited not exited, but not sure I'll be buying this at launch. I first have to play the demo of it.

^ Google translate, clicked the wrong word.

I think I'll pass

I'm not really excited, but I plan to play it. I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan, so I'll enjoy any iteration of the Splinter Cell series to a degree, but I expect to be a bit disappointed with Blacklist judging from everything I've seen. I enjoyed Conviction, but I wasn't in love with it. Unless they ever go back to the traditional style of stealth for Splinter Cell, I can never see myself being over the moon with excitement for a new entry in the series.

Plus, this may be an irrelevant nitpick to some, but the fact that Michael Ironside will no longer be playing Sam Fisher will also greatly impact my enjoyment of Blacklist. I understand they wanted to do some motion capture performances, so they thought a recast was necessary. But Ironside's voice was so iconic to the character, it's unfortunate that it had to happen.

I love the Splinter Cell series so much so the only other game I am looking forward to more in 2013 is GTA V, but its still early