Is Aliens:CM actually that bad?

I've been somewhat interested in this game, but all of the reviews i've read have torn it apart.
I'm guessing its better to pass on it, or wait till the 20 buck mark?

I remember the last one AvP ended up being pretty bad too haha. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Rent it or wait for the 20 dollar mark. The game is NOT worth 65 bucks.

It's not that bad...it's worse.

It's not nearly as bad people around here are claiming. It's not a very good game, but it's not unplayable garbage either. It has some pretty significant problems, but as long as you don't go in expecting too much, there is some cheap fun to be had. I wouldn't recommend buying it, though. Definitely a rainy day rental for when you have nothing better to do.

You should be able to pick it up for $10 - $20 in about a year from now. Wait till then.

It's not that bad.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uWrXA3nwU4&list=PL3A3AF4EB3A3CBC70&index=1]

It's not that bad but its not that good either. But is it worth 65 bucks? Tomb raider god of war and gears judgement are coming out next month. Perhaps save your money for one of those games OP?

Definitely saving for Tomb Raider and Judgement.

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

It's not nearly as bad people around here are claiming. It's not a very good game, but it's not unplayable garbage either. It has some pretty significant problems, but as long as you don't go in expecting too much, there is some cheap fun to be had. I wouldn't recommend buying it, though. Definitely a rainy day rental for when you have nothing better to do.

[/quote]

This sums it up nicely. I rented it a few days ago and I am having some fun. Hopefully I'll beat it tonight and then run through on easy or medium and clean up the achievements. The graphics are horrible, but it has great music.

It is not as bad as people say. I wouldn't pay more than €25.00 for it though. I haven't tried co-op or the other mp modes yet. Just single player.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Yes and no.

The Single Player is about a 7.5/10 with the bright spots being iconic scenes and situations from the film, the Pulse Rifle looking and sounding exactly like the film.  They did a good enough job with the shooting mechanics that you feel like a Colonial Marine.

However the Multiplayer experience is not fully functional.  Great ideas are marred by the MP being a low res clunky mess.  The Marines work ok but the Aliens only seem half done and their abilities don't always work.  There's potential here but for being unfinished the MP side has to be given 4/10.

So all together you're looking at a game that's about a 6.5/10.

The Campaign may be played Coop, locally or online or even both, but the vs MP is dissapointingly poor.

If you love the films you'll enjoy yourself in the Single Player at least and may find the MP to be a bearable distraction.

Don't pay full price but check it out if you loved the films.

MP is still pretty busy, coop and vs and as people pick it up as the prices drop that will probably extend the MP shelf life.

Hope that helps.

Az