Is 3D gaming worth it?

I don't really care for watching movies or TV in 3D, however I was thinking that playing video games in 3D might be cool and make the expirience more immersive. I used to have a Virtual Boy and thought that was cool and the 3DS looks kind of neat. If you have tried 3D gaming on a TV, do you think it's worth buying a 3D TV for, or is it just a gimmick and doesn't really add anything?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

not worth it.

Im not sure. I havent played a game in 3D yet, but i know that watching movies in 3D is amazing.  I want to get a 3D TV for that so im sure ill go all out once the tech is more affordable.

Im curious as to how a game would look in 3D.

I heard alot of 3d games are looking fantastic, i myself haven't tried it yet but im looking into getting a new 3dtv soon.

3D isn't worth it to me and on a big TV, it might look pretty good.  But I still don't care about it.

ya but why? how come the people saying it isnt worth it dont give any reason?

Gaming in 3D has not really kicked off yet that is why is it not worth it. Plus waiting longer for gaming to kick off in 3D, will mean prices of 3D TV packages etc will drop. That and to be honest, 3D is only worth looking at if it is on a cinema size screen or atleast a 70"+ TV.

No it hasnt kicked off yet but i think once prices drop on the TVs it will.

and I have seen movies in 3D on Tvs around 50 inch and they looked great.

Nope 3D is and always will be a gimmic. My reason why, it's never really been 3D. There's a big difference between true 3D were objects actually have depth (or even the illusion) and merely placing "layers" over lapping on one another. Oohh look that hand just jumped out at me... lol

I don't know how other people are with 3D stuff, but those things give me a headache!

[quote user="Law212"]

ya but why? how come the people saying it isnt worth it dont give any reason?

[/quote]Sorry but to make my 73" TV look 3D, I'd have to spend $300-$400 for the "box" and glasses.  For what little 3D that's on TV...it's not worth it to me.  And I'm happy with games look the way they are.