IRNV is op?

Unlocked that thing on my M4A1. Put it on. Played with it. Never wanna use it again.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Because the super nerfed it in that 2gig update.

apparently they are going to un-nerf it some on the next patch     0_o

Funny thing, it's pretty pointless to use on Metro but it still works pretty well on some other maps.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

Funny thing, it's pretty pointless to use on Metro but it still works pretty well on some other maps.

[/quote]

Strange.

Yeah after the "super-nerf" it is pretty lame. Still never equipped it but I have picked it up once since the patch. It was just bad.

No, it was never OP. Even prior to the Update. The "nerf" was to cater to complainers, crybabies and whiners. It has no Cross Hairs, a Drifting Dot, can't see across Smoke and Fire and no Peripheral Vision. But yet people still cried it was OP because they couldn't camp in a bush?!

I would prefer nothing then a IRNV.

[quote user="SpeckledEagle"]

I would prefer nothing then a IRNV.

[/quote]

Good for you but it's still not or ever was OP. It was only crybabies who hated being killed by a n00b lol because they couldn't hide in their bush or a dark corner, like a rat.

I never caired about the IRNV. Only once did someone have it where I semi-raged pre-patch. I was laying prone hiding just as they blew up the first two M-COMs on Caspian Border, so i was waiting for someone to show up. The only way to see me was the fact the shed was slightly raised off the ground. Then I was killed long distance and thought how did he even see me from there but then it made sense, the kill cam showed he had an IRNV. The only time I can remember someone killed me solely because of using an IRNV. But, that is what it was made for so I didn't care. However, no such Night Vision exists. Gen 4 doesn't show up that good and FLIR isn't that good. So if DICE toned it down to be realistic, then I wouldn't care. Actually, I never cared to begin with so whatever.

It wasn't really OP, but gimmicky. It gave you no reason to use any other scope as that was a pretty much catch all scope. It's not like zoom matters much as the only reason you need zoom is to see the enemy. It's not to hard to see an enemy form 500 yards if they light up like a Christmas tree. It also just doesn't belong in a battlefield game in my opinion. Battlefield has heavy emphasis on spotting. When you put this scope on, no one needs to spot for you as you automatically see everything by spinning in a circle. It is gimmicky as hell.