IP Flooder Needs Banned

I ran across a person playing NHL '12 on Xbox live that floods your IP and boots you offline.

His Gamertag: [REMOVED - DO NOT POST OTHER GTS]

Because I was winning, he started lagging the game until it finally just disconnected me. Not only did it disconnect me from EA servers, it dropped me from Xbox Live and my internet connection at home also went out. I needed to reset my router, only to have him do it to me multiple times over each time I signed back on. He was flooding my IP address to kick me offline.

I called Xbox Live and reported his gamertag and the issue I was having. The woman suggested I also post here. This person needs banned as not only is he interfering with my xbox live play, he's interfering with my personal internet connection.

I will be working on calling Verizon and getting my IP Address changed so this doesn't  happen in the future as I've read that solves the issue. Regardless this player needs banned from xbox live for good.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Hello,

First and foremost, please do not name and shame users on this forum. This is not a place to do such a thing as all it does is cause problems, this person can just come on the forums and claim you were doing the same thing to him or her. I'm sorry that XBOX Support via phone told you the wrong information but that is not how this works. You will need to actually file a complaint against the user by following the directions below:

To file a complaint

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Friends, then go to the Players tab.
  3. Select File Complaint. Then select File Complaint again on the next screen.

Select the following reason: Tampering: The player tampered with a game, an Xbox 360 console, Xbox LIVE, or the feedback system.

Select the following specific reason: System Tampering and also repeat the process under Cheating

Select File Complaint.

Once that's done this report is sent over the XBOX Live Enforcement team and is reviewed. Appropriate action will be taken after they do an investigation on the player.

You may also want to avoid the player in the future by following the directions below:

To avoid a player

1. Press the Guide button.
  2. Select Friends, then go to the Players tab. Select the player’s gamertag.
  3. Select Submit Player Review.
  4. Select Avoid This Player
  5. Select why you want to avoid the player: CommunicationGame Behavior, or Player Skill.
  6. Select the specific reason why you want to avoid the player.

If this player has DDOS'ed you (more commonly known as an IP Flood) please visit this site here and read up on the support documentation. Ultimately you will need to contact your ISP to have them release your old IP and give you a new one so this person cannot just keep kicking you offline.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.