Investing in a store - How do you do it?

How do you invest in a store?  I have 90,000+ gold pieces burning a hole in my character's pocket.  I would keep it at home, but it doesn't way anything and I'm the baddest Imperial girl in Skyrim.  Then there is all the weapons and apparel I haven't even sold yet sitting in my house in Whiterun.  I also have 3 other houses and am a Thane of 4 towns: Whiterun, Solitude, Windhelm, Markarth.  If you look at the game stats it tells you have many stores you have invested in so obviously you can invest in more than one.  I just don't know how to do it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I believe you have to build up your speech.  Look at the stars and see where you need to invest to get this option.

Build up your speech.  There is a perk in the left hand side of the speechcraft tree that allows you to invest 500g in most stores.  See my thread about a specific store that allows multiple investments.

You need to purchase a sneak perk, i think it is around level 50 or 60 sneak.

Unless you want to waste perks in the Speech skill, you're SOL. I have over 150,000 Gold (I'm a huge looter and sell everything). Since I'm such a high level, all of the loot I get is incredibly valuable. The last time I was able to unload everything I had to travel to 4 separate towns.

-

This has been a terrible problem in all of Bethesda's games going back to Oblivion... They never have a huge central hub/town that has tons and tons of Gold and the most incredible, super expensive, unobtainable weapons.

-

Your best bet is to just start stockpiling all of the super valuable goods and when you start to run low on money take it out and sell it.

[quote user="MattKohl101"]This has been a terrible problem in all of Bethesda's games going back to Oblivion... They never have a huge central hub/town that has tons and tons of Gold and the most incredible, super expensive, unobtainable weapons.[/quote]

I wouldn't say "all of the Bethesda Games" but more of just the Elder Scrolls Games in specific.

Fallout Games can have a huge impact on Speech making it a very potential Stat. In Fallout Games you can "win" a lot of "battles" with your Speech alone and get some really cool things out of it in the process. ES Games it has always seemed kinda a waste and not really needed for anything other then some different Dialogues.

Maybe just me but I think it is pointless in ES Games and incredible in FO Games.

Get investor perk in Speech skill. TBH is useless...you don't money for that...just raise  a lil the money the vendor always have when you are going to trade .

the only good vendor that worth the money you invested is the trader in riverwood that end having 11000 when you are going to trade.

I just buy stuff that I need for crafting. Ore, ingots, jewels, ingredients, soul gems.... Then when they have a lot of money I sell everything. I normally clean them out and get some valuable things so I can make more things to sell other places.

And Speech isn't completely useless. My second character's whole purpose is to make money by crafting. I spend all my time smiting, mining, smelting, brewing, enchanting and selling. The only combat skill I have is Archery. And that only levels up because I hunt for animals to get leather. It's very entertaining to play a passivist. I do plan on 'making the pilgrimage' when I have a house and wife and awesome armor/weapons.

I didn't mean speech skill is useless i meant investor perk.

Thanks for the helpful information.  I want to invest because I can not because I need to.  I already have plenty of money.