introducing my 8 year old daughter to gaming

hi all im a 35 year old gamer looking to introduce my eight year old daughter to gaming ive got her minecraft but im also looking for any ideas for other games from any female gamers out there as her mum has no patience for games and her sisters are tomboys so like car games but my eight year old is a bit of a girly girl hence the post so all ideas welcome

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can't go wrong with any of the Lego games,except Lego Indiana Jones 2,that's not a very good one.

They all have local co-op so they are games you can play together.

My nine year old daughter LOVES Minecraft.  She's always looking for other kids to play with online.

Hello "xXGASMETERXx"  :)

I play 99% solo, so I don't know much about multiplayer and stuff LOL  :)

Does your daughter like Hannah Montana?  I love Hannah Montana and you can design her (Hannah's) concert outfits and wear them on stage during concerts  :)

When playing as Miley, you can't design your own outfits like you can with Hannah's but there is a huge wardrobe once you purchase all of the shoes, jewelry, etc  :)

Hannah Montana: The Movie is my favorite Xbox 360 game  :)

(1)  Skylanders  -->  Xbox 360 and Xbox One

(2)  Castle Of Illusion  -->  Xbox 360 game marketplace

(3)  Castle Crashers  -->  Xbox 360 game marketplace

(4)  Battleblock Theatre  -->  Xbox 360 game marketplace

(5)  Rayman -->  Xbox 360 and Xbox One marketplace

My favorite racing game is Need For Speed Carbon (Xbox 360) and I play FPS games (Halo series, Perfect Dark Zero, and Destiny).

I have Forza Motorsport 5 for my Xbox One, but I don't like the way that the cars handle in it.  Need For Speed Carbon is 100% arcade handling while Forza Motorsport 5 is 50% simulator / 50% arcade.

I primarily play the " Free Play " Mode (I think that is what it is called LOL) in Forza Motorsport 5 because I can race on the track all by myself  :)

I drive a Pink all wheel drive 2005 Ford GT  :)

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "xXGASMETERXx"  :)

thanks for the suggestions like i said ive already got her minecraft but its for her birthday as its in december but im going to look into getting her some of the other games suggested on here as i never thought about them ie lego skylanders etc hopefully itll be enough to get her into gaming and thanks for taking the time to get back to me if you see my gamertag on any of these games itll probably be my daughter so dont be shy an say hi

Hello "xXGASMETERXx"  :)

You're welcome  :)

Skylanders requires you to buy the character toys in order to play them in the game so it can be expensive.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "xXGASMETERXx"  :)

I sent you a friend's request Gasmeter.

Maybe look into some of the arcade games?  Like Castle Crashers and such?  Tons of fun little games.

Minecraft is a great one, as is Castle Crashers.

I also recommend Peggle.

It may be a bit advanced (it took me a bit to get used to the controls), but Zoo Tycoon could be fun for her and Kinectimals and Just Dance if you have a Kinect.

My cousin is seven, and she really enjoyed playing Fable Heroes on Xbox 360 with her family.