Internal server error - invalid configuration file

Xbox fitness ran without issue for me. Then my wife tried to work out, and it would not load, saying "internal server error - invalid configuration file". I tried a hard reset, uninstall and reinstall. And still the error shows up for both my profile and my wife's. Xbox.com says the server/app is working. Any ideas?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same thing happening to me, guess it's broken at the moment, it relies heavily on the cloud to work.  The status page says it's up and running but that's a lie. >.>

Same error here...site says service is up and running:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

Same problem here. Cleared cache and still error. Good luck calling them, waited for a few hours and still never talked to anyone.

At least I'm not the only one having this issue.  Hopefully it'll be resolved soon.  

I'm seeing this error too. I wonder if it's related to the recent system update.

I am having the same problem. I talked to xbox on the phone and they walked me through all of the normal steps. Rest router reset machine deleted app deleted my profile on the machine , did all of that in different orders as well. cleared cache while everything was deleted as well. They said post to forum and wait lol. I have come to the conclusion that the problem is on their end so sit and wait i guess.

I can confirm that there seems to be an issue today, yesterday all worked fine. According to the error header it is an error on the cloud server side, so I don't think you can solve it by reinstalling the app on your Xbox... According to the service dashboard the guys are working on a fix. So I guess that this might be a problem related to the OneDrive Rollout yesterday, because before the Rollout all worked as expected in Germany...

It looks like I'm having the same issue as everyone else

+ 1 worked for me yesterday resetting hasn't helped

tomwoh

I had the same issue this morning. Tried unplugging the XBOX and that didn't help, uninstall and reinstall, that didn't help. Unplugged both the Xbox and the Kinect from the Xbox but that didn't work either.