Instant respawn only in FFA??

Just read something interesting that I didn't consider before.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/343-drops-additional-details-on-halo-4-s-instant-respawns-and-forerunner-vision

If that's the case and it's only in a FFA gametype, then I must say I don't have a problem with it at all.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Get knocked down, get up again. Back into the action!

I want to see how this would work with other gametypes.

Reading it again, it could just mean that it's not in objective games, but in every slayer variation. So far it looks like it's only confirmed to be in Regicide though, so can only hope it's just a feature of that single gametype.

I prefer the idea of instant respawn. Halo has always had fairly fast paced gameplay. This only adds to it. Only issue is Objective gametypes but we have no way in knowing how that will work. Considering we haven't seen any gameplay of it in action.

-

Actually, the only content we've seen is a few quick glimpses of combat in that one vid and a handful of blurry magazine scans that don't show much either.

I hope it's only in FFA for 2 reasons.

~

1. It completely ruins objective games. Scoring a flag/bomb in a BTB game or even a small map in a small team game is already hard enough as it is with the current spawning. Insta-respawn would make it damn near impossible.

2. No more exterminations. They will be effectively taken out of the medal circulation, and arguably one of the most skillful and lucky components of the game will be gone.

~

If it's limited to FFA, I'm perfectly fine with that. Anywhere else, and this addition is terrible.

EDIT TO ABOVE: Ok, after reading that article, I feel much more comfortable with these changes being implemented. If what they're saying is true (and not simply meaningless damage control by 343), it would look as though whoever wrote that GameInformer article didn't care to explain very well even though he had 14 pages to do it. We'll see..

Even in Free for All it's an unnecessary addition that detracts from the gametype, in my opinion.

In regards to FFA, unnecessary, yes. Detrimental, I would disagree with. Spawn times in FFA don't matter. The only objective games are primarily Slayer. In fact, it would make the game quicker without a respawn delay. But like I said, that only works with FFA. Instant respawn doesn't really have a huge impact when there's no team involved. However, in a team based game (slayer or objective), instant respawn could be the determining factor of map control, thus it could be a major determinant in who wins rather than the skill of the team.

~

Just my opinion, but I think it's far more detrimental to a team based game than FFA.

Thanks for the feedback about the instant respawn.  It does sound better like this.  

It still ruins FFA. Considering the very small maps in Halo, and close spawns, It'll be a pain.

"In fact, it would make the game quicker without a respawn delay. But like I said, that only works with FFA. Instant respawn doesn't really have a huge impact when there's no team involved".

I agree that it's worse in Team games, for the obvious reasons, but I still don't find it necessary. I don't need to be in the action every single second of the way. If I did, I'd play Call of Duty instead. I also think it'll interrupt stronger players who survive longer and grind them down to dying, along with not actually being necessary in the first place.

Better Free for All than anything else but better not at all, to be honest.