Installing Defiance

Soooo I bought Defiance last night and I go to install the game (50GB free space) and it goes through and all that. Get to the patches, everything's fine till the end. I get a message that pops up telling me it was unsuccessful and had to abort. I think okay whatever, dashboard, delete, go for the reinstall. So I reinstall it and get through all the patches this time, click play, game freezes on Create New Character page. So I dashboard and reload the game, just my luck, I have to reinstall everything again. So I reinstall everything again and again and again. It's got me stuck in a loop, anyone know what the problem is? And how one might go about fixing it? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 119 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Puff! I think this is probably rooted in the Xbox LIVE service outage that happened yesterday. What I would do would be:

-Delete the game from your HD (seems like you already know how to do that; but if you don't: System, Settings, Storage).
-Clear your system cache (use this guide: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache).
-Restart your console.
-Redownload the game from your download history (this guide: support.xbox.com/.../download-content-history).

A lot of times with failed game installs like that you need to clear the cache in between deleting and reinstalling. Post back and let us know how that worked for you! ^_^ 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Followed crab's response though my issue was "Failed Install" go to www.xbox.com/support where it notes no available information for this issue? However I deleted the original install of 3.7 gigs and left the other timely patches in storage hoping I would not have to endure that long and tedious procedure from before 30 Mg each patch is twenty minutes.

Cleared the cache as recommended and then installed the game again and the install was much faster and this time the install didn't bounce back forth on install time. For instance the first you would read on the screen 11:04 then it would bounce 13:02 , then back 10:04. I am on my fourth clearing of my storage device and experiencing critical errors on the install still????

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem,what I did was run the game from the disc and let it download those humongous patches then installed the game itself. Whether that will work for you I can't say but it did for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Cerb, it was great insight but unfortunately I'm stuck in the same boat as Born! Aha I decided to go out of town for a couple days to pass time by cause I had known about the outage. So I figured if I gave it a couple days it would have probably fixed it's self but I'm still getting the Critical Errors! Dx I get through the first 2 patches just fine, but the last one always throws me out!

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with Mister Cerb.  I will also add to make sure to delete the beta if you had that installed.  Just make sure to delete the cache after you delete the beta.  

If you don't know how to delete the cache, this is the 5 step process. You can use the guide button method he listed or you can try this method from the dashboard.

1. Go to the system blade on the dashboard

2. Go to the right to Memory

3. Press Y

4. Click "Clear Cache"

5. Click Yes

Sorry this didn't help.

Just Purchased the game and seem to be getting the same issue, anyone found a fix yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Honestly I've tried everything suggested on and off since I got the game till yesterday. Went into GameStop to pick something up, talked to the cashier about it for a little bit and he told me he'll exchange it for a new free copy in exchange for mine (being a new copy when I had bought it). He said the disk may have been warped from heat or damaged in some way during shipping. So I'm going to exchange my copy tomorrow and I'll have results either that same night or the following day.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so sorry on the late reply. I've gotten the game exchanged with another new copy showing no promising results. I consulted people throughout GameStop about the problem with no promising solutions. Which draws me to my final questions of does anyone know if Defiance is compatable with the Arcade Xbox? And also I've recently found out that when I bought a replacement Xbox I had them look at recent purchases in store, I had asked for a used one (being cheaper than buying new) without my knowledge I had bought a refurbished Xbox (I never buy refurbished anything with the knowledge of reoccurring problems) could either one of these be the problem? If and or not being the problem have there been any more solutions as to fixing this since this thread has been posted? Thanks for those who have stuck through this, anything helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Puffy! Awww man. I was hoping the new copy would solve it. At any rate, I'm glad you came back to the thread so we can keep trying at least. ^_^

Hmm, okay so the issue is still rooted in installing the game from your disk onto your hard drive, correct? Have you tried running the game without installing it?

Also, have we checked to see if the issues happen on multiple profiles on your console? Or if it's specific to your profile?

Sorry this didn't help.

The issue still resides in getting through all the patches, it differentiates on times in the patches on when it decides to give up and abort. I always get through installing the game itself without fail though. How would one go about running the game without installing it? I never have a start menu or anything before the installations come up. As for running it on a separate profile I have not tried though, I live alone so I only have my profile on my Xbox and a couple offline profiles for when friends come over to visit. Thanks so much for stickin' it though all this, I know it's quite irritating and all, I just want to enjoy the game finally!!

Sorry this didn't help.