Installed game yet still get 'disc is unreadable' error

My copy of MW2 that I have installed onto my HDD keeps causing a disc is unreadable error 2 minutes or so into the first match I play. 

I've searched the internet for this issue and have read that the reason may be because the disc is too damaged. This could not be the case, as the game works fine when it's not installed. I have tried reinstalling the game multiple times but I still have the same problem. This is the only game I have this issue for, and I really can't think of why. 

I would just run the game from the disc but it does not belong to me. I wanted to install it so I could play MW2 using a disc which does belong to me but is too scratched to play without installing (and as it turns out, even with installing).

It would be much appreciated if someone could shed some light on the issue, but currently I'm thinking the only thing I can do is buy another working copy of MW2 and play it from the disc.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you've installed the game to your HDD try clearing the console cache.

To clear the system cache

1. Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You may not need to buy another copy.  You could install either a rental copy or a friends copy and then use your disc to run the game. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.