Installed discs still spin

Anybody else having this problem. I installed both discs to the hdd, then the patch and then the hd download but when i load the discs to play they still spin.  This is very annoying and the not being able to back out of multiplayer are 2 problems ruining a great game. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ive had several xboxs, and in every one, if there was a disk in it spun, i could be at the dashboard, in netlix, whatever, now i dont bother to install games and i take out all disks when im doing something else

I understand that in this game's case the disk spins longer when installed than other games, but does stop after like a minute or so.....didn't pay attention myself to verify

ALL installed disks spin initially in order to access some data. now if you mean that it spins the entire time you're playing than it could be an issue with your box. try using a different game and see if it does the same thing...don't know what you mean by not being able to backout of multiplayer. do you mean you can't go to the main menu once you're in a lobby? cause i have. you might have a defective disk.

transform

I understand how it works,  these discs continue to spin the issue is with the game not my xbox all my games are installed this game has a problem. And yes you are not able to return to the multiplayer lobby and that includes you, so no you have not done it.    

The new games discs will spin from 3-5 minutes then stop I've tested this with all post GOW3 games all with the same result

[quote user="Turv3y"]

The new games discs will spin from 3-5 minutes then stop I've tested this with all post GOW3 games all with the same result

[/quote]

Yep, Its the copy protection on them. It will stop.

That sucks but thank you for the info.

It seems like only new games do this. I noticed both Gears of War 3 and Halo Anniversary spin for up to 15 minutes then eventually stop.

If it spins up to 15 minutes, that's a problem with your xbox.

1-2 minutes is generally okay. 2+ minutes, something's wrong.

when installed the disc will spin for no more than a few minutes at start up of the game but then stop and not spin.

if it does keep spinning then the issue could be that the game was installed on that hard drive but on another xbox, all you have to do is use the licence transfer feature to the xbox you are permanently playing the game on, and you also might have to install the game again. This happened to me with BC2, i moved my hard drive that had BC2 installed on it to another Xbox, the disc kept spinning but once i transferred my licence over and installed the game disc again, it would only spin at the loading start of the game and then stop after a very few minutes.