Installation stopped 0x87e0000f

Just upgraded from my Day One console to the new Halo 5 console today. My old console had this problem,  but I assumed it was just my console. But it's still doing it on my Halo 5 xbox trying to install Halo 5 Guardians. Anyone got some insight? It's not my interest unless it's some packet loss thing? Is so suggestions for that would be great.  I don't think it's packet loss,  but who knows at this point.  It's mildly irritating to download 1% and the install to fail,  only to restart it and it fail again after 1%

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2018 Views 207 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I just upgraded to the Halo 5 console and am having the same problem. Except Halo 5 downloaded fine for me. The problem is whenever I try to download the Master Chief Collection it can't get passed 30% because it keeps stopping. When I resume the installation it just stops within a few seconds.

I uninstalled it and am currently downloading it again. It's at 6% right now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also just switched to the Halo 5 console couple of days ago, and I'm having the same issues. For me, it's always my digital copies of Destiny, GTA V, and Forza 6 that refuses to install. They all get 1 % or 2 %, and then stop. (Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 installed fine from the Store.)

Destiny actually gets to the point where it says it's ready to start. When I launch it, it passes the “Press A to start” screen and goes to “Transferring game content”, but nothing gets downloaded/installed.

I happen to have a disc of Forza 6 as well, and for that game, I can install the game successfully from that. And since I have the digital licence already, I can take the disc out after that and still play the game. However, I couldn't apply the same method to Destiny. (Maybe that's because it was a vanilla Destiny disc, not The Taken King?)

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue with destiny and mcc, also upgraded to halo 5 console.

Really hope someine finds a solution

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have the halo guardians  xbox  and i cant install halo mcc or destiny, it did install spartan strike though

Sorry this didn't help.

im trying to download ryse son of rome and I get to 75% and it stops downloading. I am using a disc to install it.my download speed is 0.05 and the upload speed is 0.12 Im new to console gaming and I live out in the country so this is the only internet I can get any help why its so slow

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello SnakeDoc2xx,

Thanks for the support message.

In the future, please go ahead and post a new thread instead of posting on someone elses.  The reason why it's so slow is because of your download speed of 0.05.  

Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

So I tried a couple more things since my last post.

First thing I did was remove the failed, incomplete install of Destiny from my Xbox. Then, I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the Xbox, double-checked that Wi‑Fi is not connected, and then did a power cycle. With the Xbox still offline and no accounts signed in, I inserted my vanilla Destiny disc, and let the Xbox install the base game on to the hard drive.

That part worked fine. I then reconnected Ethernet, signed in, and launched Destiny. Xbox recognised that there's a title update, and asked that I install that first. I said yes, and the download began. Seemed to go fine…until 75 %. I get the “Installation stopped” notification again, and it's back to perpetually failing, as previously. Destiny's still in a “ready to play” state, but launching it just brings me to the “Transferring game content” screen, with progress stuck at 91 %.

So before I went to bed, I redid this whole procedure. But this time, rather than launching the game after the vanilla disc install, I just left it alone. The Xbox is instant‑on enabled, so I figured I'd let the Xbox figure out by itself that there's a title update for Destiny, and do the download with absolutely no intervention from me.

Nope. Xbox did start doing the update during the night, but installation still stopped at some point. I can tell the update was attempted because Destiny now has the new Taken King Tile artwork — rather than the original three-Guardians one — and it's now sitting in the queue with the same “Installation stopped” message.

I'd also like to mention that I redeemed the Halo 5 code that came with the console last night. That download completed successfully overnight, as far as I can tell.

Sorry this didn't help.

i also can not download gta v after changing to the halo 5 console

Sorry this didn't help.

Some more digging, and I think I may have found the most likely explanation: iiNet, an ISP in Australia, seem to have been having issues with Xbox content for the last week or so.

www.iinet.net.au/.../4350911

forums.whirlpool.net.au/.../2460225

This does seem to only affect a very specific set of people though — Australians on iiNet — so I can't say this applies to everybody on this thread, or everybody that's getting this error. But for me personally, at least, I think I found the answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm on Adam, which is iinet.  I can't install The Master Chief Collection which I paid for.

Sorry this didn't help.