install procedure

Not getting it till friday (UK) So whats the install procedure? do we just install both disks? Or do we install disc 1 then launch and when prompted install the texture disc? Does the day 1 patch download either way? Help :))

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Disk 1 is multiplayer and coop.  This disk also contains the HD texture pack and will prompt you when you first boot up to install it.  I personally installed disk 1, then the texture pack, day one patch, and played multiplayer for a few hours first.  Then later on when I wanted to try the single player, I installed disk 2.  Disk 2 doesn't have an HD texture pack to install.  Game looks amazing.  Hope this helped answer your questions.

I just finished the install.  I installed both discs to my HDD before booting up Disc 1, which prompted an update.  When I reached the game screen it prompted me to install the HD texture pack.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

brilliant thanks! :)

if it don't work....grab a golf club..."persuade" it

is  the texture pack for both multi and single player ?

Lady Eh got it right.

1) install one of the discs to harddive

2) install the other disc to harddrive

3) bootup one of the discs and download the patch/update

4) accept/download the 'HD texture pack" when it prompts you after booting up the game.

5) ?

6) profit!

Nice to see a straight forward answer. Been wondering how it'll work. So if you got prompted for the HD install on the multiplayer disc, I'm assuming the HD texture still works for online play?

[quote user="Matt The Hit"]

Nice to see a straight forward answer. Been wondering how it'll work. So if you got prompted for the HD install on the multiplayer disc, I'm assuming the HD texture still works for online play?

[/quote]

Nope. it Streams to both SP and MP. It is simply found on the MP Disc via the SP/ MP In-Game Menu. Really innovative how DICE enabled the HD Texture on the same Disc without losing Disc Space. I'm not really sure how they did this?

Oh and either Disc (I believe) will prompt for the Install HD Texture feature. I ran it from the SP Disc.

[quote user="Potty Scottie"]

is  the texture pack for both multi and single player ?

[/quote] It's on disk 1, co-op/multiplayer. As soon as the game boots up, a prompt pops up recommending the 1.5Gb install,this is how it worked for me anyway so results may vary. It's a lot less space than I thought it would be and a fairly quick install.

so the texture pack is being used for multiplayer?