Install or no install?

So I've had my xbox for about 5 years now and I always install my games to my HDD since my disk drive makes strange noises.  But I'm hearing that it causes negative effects on the performance of the game.  Will this game destroy my disk drive if I don't install the game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

just install, and if it goes bonkers, uninstall/delete? That is what I am going to do

Aside from the mandatory install I don't think I will be installing the play disc, from what I've read it seems to cause alot of popup. May try tomorrow to install and see if I notice any difference in gameplay, just can't wait for 12 to go pick up my copy and start playing.

As long as you don't install both discs on the same hard drive, you should be good. For example, install disc one on your main Xbox 360 hard drive. Install disc two on an external hard drive or flash drive.

Game was crashing on me when I installed disc two, without installing disc two it works fine so that'd be my advice.

[quote user="ufcmike1"]

As long as you don't install both discs on the same hard drive, you should be good. For example, install disc one on your main Xbox 360 hard drive. Install disc two on an external hard drive or flash drive.

[/quote]

This!

I asked Rockstar about installing the play disc and they just referred me to the standard instructions. (do not install the play disc)

So I asked them about putting the play disc on external USB and they went quiet.

Can't see the point of not helping the people that pay their wages with some basic help.

And yes, I have a noisy XBOX drive

I am about to pickup the game, and would prefer to install both disks IF the only issue is frame rates.  I prefer this inconvenience to overheating the 360 until it is patched.  BUT, if there are other problems installing both disks like freezing, crashes, etc then that is a different issue.  Some clarity would be helpful.  I understand the flash option, but would like to avoid that long term.  Are issues with installing both disks limited ONLY to frame rates and textures?

How did they push the game back and overlook this issue. I like Rock Star and all but this is a fumble, after picking up a gain of 20.

Ive installed both disks to my hard drive and played the game for about 3 hours and havent experienced any issues except for the pop ups in the opening cinematic scene, dont think it affects the performance as much as people think

Appreciate the feedback.  I am installing disk 1 now and will attempt to  run disk 2 from hd as well.  Although I have a flash drive avail, I am hoping it is a minor texture issue and rockstar patches promptly.  Not worth overworking the 360 playing from the laser drive, and I don't want to re-install from flash once they patch it..