Install disc on usb, play disc on int hdd?

Not sure if this has been addressed already. If you do the usb workaround, but instead install disc 1 on the usb drive and disc 2 on the built in hdd, does it affect the performance positively? Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Get a 7200rpm hdd and install the textures (disc 1) there. Then get a USB flash drive that is faster than 15MB/s (the speed of the disc drive) and install the play disc there (disc 2 or digital download). This has the least texture pop-in possible. Also try to reduce background processes on the Xbox such as personal music on the hdd or flash, etc. For online make sure you are wired Ethernet (kind of a duh statement but still).

[quote]My USB Flash drive is still a USB 1.0 and so are the ports of my Xbox 360.

If the console would have a USB 2.0 input and if you would have a USB 2.0 Flash drive, the data transfer would be much faster between the Console and the USB.

[/quote]

You must be smoking some serious crack 0_o

Hey Folks, I thought I'd just throw this in here. I tested this out and it does not make much of a difference for me. My USB Flash drive is still a USB 1.0 and so are the ports of my Xbox 360. If the console would have a USB 2.0 input and if you would have a USB 2.0 Flash drive, the data transfer would be much faster between the Console and the USB. For now, the game performance does not improve when installing the disc to a USB Flash drive instead of a HDD. I hope that this clears everything up a bit =) Regards, SamxBroski

Well the thing is, I searched for this exact type of question and got nothing. So I'm pretty sure there are no threads that contain info on if reversing the install locations of disc 1 and 2 will affect game performance positively or negatively. Thank you and have a good day sir.

I did read it.  Anything related to game installation should be posted up there...too many of these threads.

You must not have even read my post because I am not talking about anything that's stickied at the top of the forum.

The question the whole issue boils down to is actually very simple: Is the graphic lag (e.g. pop-up textures/objects) better or worse when installing the play disk on a USB drive than when playing directly from the disk? A simple "better" or "worse" would be awesome. Thanks. :)

I've installed the play disc on a 32gb USB and it seems the be working fine (Apart from some low res ground textures which appear when you play through the disc anyways.) I'm not sure if it would be any better if you installed the mandatory install on the USB instead. I'm curious to see some comparisons.

It's also not hard to see the glaring sticky at the top.

See, now that wasn't so hard.