Insanity Playthrough Advice

Ok, I'm wanting to finally get started on my Insanity playthrough, and after any advice/tips from fellow members here for this. What class, bonus power, armor, weapon loadout would be recommended/ideal for a Insanity playthrough. Would it also be better for me to import a level 60 Shepard from ME1 over? Any advice/tips would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Soldier Class, special ability Fortification, Pistol of your choice, Geth Plasma Shotgun, The Heavy Mattock, Incisor Sniper Rifle and of course, The Arc Projector.  Bring Jack and Grunt with you as much as possible...:-)

I'd agree with Grunt but since all Jack's powers are all biotic based it makes her more of a liability with all the protections that the enemies will have. Her only saving grace would be Squad Warp ammo but if you go with a Solider as Shepard's class then that isn't really needed.

You'll hate this recommendation Arkham I know but I think Miranda is a far better choice than Jack for an Insanity run.

Miranda has Overload to deal with shielded enemies, Warp to deal with armour and has a biotic talent in Slam. Combine that with the Locust SMG and the Carnifax pistol and you have a character that can handle any situation, especially when combined with a Soldier Shepard's ammo powers.

Ps. People might wonder why I didn't recommend the Phalanx pistol which does the most damage of the three? It is simply because I find the AI tends to fire very slowly when using it. They fire far faster with the Carnifax which increases the overall damage done to the enemy.

Jack's Shockwave ability (especially when upgraded) is invaluable for throwing enemies back or off of edges, she's also able to use the Geth Plasma Shotgun, arguably the best gun in the game.  Jack's Lift and Shockwave powers come in handy particularly during the "Platform Battle" on the Disabled Collector Vessel, this in my opinion, is one of the most challenging stages of any Insanity run.  That mission will also showcase some of Jack's best dialogue, loved it when she remarks about being changed into a bug while they're examining the Collector specimens, unfortunately, it can't be repeated here...:-)  

I would recommend the Sentinel with assault armour, invaluable when you've got tons of enemies closing in and you need some breathing room. Plus having access to both biotic and tech abilities is nice too. Soldier is definitely a killing machine, but the Sentinel is more of a tank, able to take a lot of damage and survive. As a bonus power I would recommend dominate, this way you can dominate an enemy so they fight amongst themselves giving you time to be a little more tactical. Squad warp ammo is also a great choice.

My winning formula: Soldier with Heavy Warp Ammo, Heightened Adrenaline Rush, Mattock rifle, Geth Plasma Shotgun, a pistol I never use, the Widow, and the Cain. Vote has it right, Miranda is invaluable during insanity playthroughs.

Definitely go with the lvl 60.

Use whichever class you are most comfortable with, as they all work perfectly fine on Insanity.

Level up your class specific skill and passive skill first.

As stated, Miranda is a must for all missions.

Do all of the side missions you can before Horizon so that you level-up asap.

Take Miranda & Thane with you to do the Collector Ship mission.

Take the Cain with you to do the derelict Reaper - one shots the core.

Be sure to do a save onboard The Normandy just before you speak with The Illusive Man before you start the "Disabled Collector Vessel" mission.  I guarantee that during the "Platform Battle" you'll wish that you chose to bring Jack along instead of Miranda...:-)

I disagree with the Miranda but it depends on what class your playing. depending on your class choose the teammates who benefit you the most. I play as a engineer. I mainly focus on striping armor and buffs. So my character burns right through health armor and shields but I have don't have anything for warp. So I bring along Miranda or any other warp using charater. Then I bring a heavy person mainly Grunt to soak up the damage.  

Class: engineer

Powers: Incenrate shock and class role (Adjust accordingly to what the mission requires)

Special power: Stasis (insta kills on husks and nearly doubles inital damage when the target exit statis)

Special weapon: Sniper rifle or a assault rifle (sniper rifle works best)

Ok, finally finished Dragon Age II (and earned all achievements... until Mark of the Assassin DLC comes out next month), so now going for my Insanity run on Mass Effect 2. Thanks for all the advice everyone, I appreciate it ^^. Going to carry over my male 60 Shepard, and go with the Engineer class with Dominate (though I may change the special power on LotSB). Have two extra guns fighting alongside my party will hopefully help out.

[quote user="Jelldernaut"]

My winning formula: Soldier with Heavy Warp Ammo, Heightened Adrenaline Rush, Mattock rifle, Geth Plasma Shotgun, a pistol I never use, the Widow, and the Cain. Vote has it right, Miranda is invaluable during insanity playthroughs.

[/quote]That's almost what I used.

Start the game by importing a ME1 character. Don't use a previous ME2 save. Soldier with heavy warp ammo, hardened adrenaline rush (rather than heightened, really important), best rifle you have, +Miranda and whoever else you want would be my suggestions. It was really easy with that combo, imo. Just take it slow and use hardened adrenaline rush 24/7 lol. I probably only died 3-10 times the entire game with this setup.