Insanity- New or Imported Character?

I am going to pop in ME2 again to get to level 30, get some achievements, play dlc, and do a run through on insanity.

I have read that importing a level 30 character is a good idea, and also that making a new character is better because importing one makes the game harder. Does it make much of a difference? I will have completed Lair of the Shadow Broker, Arrival, and have the Aeigis armor/weapon pack if that means anything.

Also, if I make a new character should I just speed through the main missions or what?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Enemies scale to your level. So if you tackle Insanity with a level 30 Shepard you will be facing level 30 enemies, however you'll be doing this without any of your armour and weapons upgrades until you purchase them all again.

Would that really be worse than starting a new character and having to level up again?

If you have one, a level 60 ME1 import is the best way to go, but definitely would not recommend a level 30 ME2 import for the reasons voteDC stated.

If you want to make your insanity much easier make your bonus power dominate. Then in the hard battles when you need a minute to recover you can control the enemies into fighting each other. The only downside is you have to remove their shields/barriers. That or warp ammo for the damage increase.

Ok so Its obvious that I should make a new character

I was thinking barrier which I heard is good for surviving, or warp ammo for better damage

Also, how should I go about doing assignments and leveling?

Obvious that you should make a new character?  Go with what got you there, experiment with other classes later...:-)

[quote user="xS1LENTSCOPEx"]

Would that really be worse than starting a new character and having to level up again?

[/quote]Similar but not quite. When the enemies level up they also get the same upgrades that you do, more damage and quicker regen on shields etc.

However while you lose all those upgrades, the enemies do not.

I beat the game on an imported Adept. It is hardest in the beginning because the enemies are tough and you have no weapon upgrades. It wasn't until after Horizon things finally started to get easier. If you don't want it to be extremely difficult in the beginning then make a new character. 

I'm going to start a new character, still a soldier though

Any more tips will be appreciated

Thanks for the help everyone

Always use an import. The bonuses that you get are always worth it. As for your insanity playthrough I would suggest either a soldier or sentinel.