Insanity mode... or is it?

So... apart from playing the MP for this weekend's community challenge, I've also been working on my Insanity Playthrough and I have to admit, this seems pretty easy. Granted I am using level X weapons with level V mods but still...

Currently using on my Soldier Class Shepard a Particle Rifle X (with Magazine upgrade V and Piercing mod V), Paladin X (with Piercing mod V and Magazine upgrade V) and a Hornet X (with Magazine upgrade V and High Calibur Barrel V). Have Squad Cryo Ammo active... helps out a lot I think.
Armor wise, the following setup:
Head - Delumcore Overlay (headshot dmg +5%/Weapon dmg +10%)
Body - Hahne-Kedar (Weapon dmg +10%)
Shoulders - Kassa Fabrication (Shields +10%)
Arms - Hahne-Kedar (Weapon dmg +10%)
Legs - Hahne-Kedar (Weapon dmg +10%)
Taking Liara (with Warp and Stasis maxed) and either Garrus or James Vega and so far it's been a cakewalk. Has anyone else found the Insanity mode to, well... not be Insanity?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

None of them where hard if you ask me with ME1 being the easiest.

I have to admit that Insanity mode on ME3, whilst still not a walk in the park, was hardly challenging either.

-

But then I had a fully levelled up Shepard and Insanity was on my second run through it. Annoyingly, the hardest part was getting close to the ending and experiencing the glitch that resets all your "counters" so missed out on some cheevos as a result

It was very easy, Kei was my only issue really.

I started it Insanity with my level 30 Shepard and it was still easy.

Me 2 didnt have medi gels, just the abilty to med your team mates I thought that sucked! MP on ME3 is harder than Insanity mode in my opinion..

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

Me 2 didnt have medi gels, just the abilty to med your team mates I thought that sucked! MP on ME3 is harder than Insanity mode in my opinion..

[/quote]Yes it did.

You needed to purchase certain upgrades before it would apply to Shepard however. 

what?  purcha$e? on mass effect 2?  didnt know that maybe ill get it just to finish my Insanity mode for mass 2

Yes in Mass Effect 2. It's one of the upgrades you can buy, that using a medi-gel will restore you health and later ones will restore your shields as well.

lmao  Im not buying it!  no such item you had me for a second there I actually had to google it

There IS Medi-gel in Mass Effect 2 FueldRockets... Taken from the Mass Effect wiki:

[quote]In Mass Effect 2, Medi-gel is no longer used in the same way. A new self-healing system (see Codex "Body Armor" entry), managed by your armor suit microframe computers, automatically uses small quantities of Medi-gel when required in order to slowly regenerate your squad members' health (as long as they are not taking damage). Massive doses (corresponding to the Medi-gel units Shepard can acquire) can be injected through the revamped Unity power. Medi-gel initially is used only to revive fallen squadmates, but research upgrades allow Medi-gel to be used to restore the health and shields of all squadmates as well.

Medi-gel is acquired through opening aid containers or wall-mounted aid stations. Shepard can research upgrades which allow him or her to carry additional Medi-gel units. Shepard can initially carry up to 3 Medi-gel units; this can be upgraded to a maximum of 9 Medi-gel units. If Shepard opens a Medi-gel container while he or she is carrying the maximum number of Medi-gel units, the Medi-gel will be salvaged for a total of 100 credits.

Each time a Medi-gel is utilized to revive fallen squadmates, one is used per fallen squadmate. However, if both squadmates are knocked out and the player only has 1 Medi-gel remaining, the use of that single Medi-gel will revive both squadmates at the same time. [/quote]

Source: masseffect.wikia.com/.../Medi-gel

You buy armor upgrades to increase how much medi-gel you can carry and improve it's effectiveness.