Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

So far, this year's Summer of Arcade has been great. I was initially going to just buy From Dust... but the Bastion demo took my breath away and I decided to get that last week as well. And now Shadow Planet looks to be awesome as well. I admit, I didn't know much about it before watching the "Inside Xbox" on it (I think it was). But I just can't pass up a Metroidvania game. What do you guys all think?

Btw, if you like gameplay similar to Shadow Complex, I highly recommend the Metroid series. The Prime series is great too... pretty much Arkham Asylum in the first person.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To be honest, I was looking forward to From Dust for what seems like forever. And while I like it alot, I absolutely LOVE Bastion. And I didn't even look into it till the week before release for the first time. I can't get enough of it. Not really interested in ITSP. Will try the demo thou and see how I like it after some hands on time.

I've enjoyed much of my time with Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, but I wasn't amazed by it. I'm currently getting the review written, ready for today or tomorrow.

The Metroid style progression works well and the puzzles are well thought out. The art-style is very much a "love it or hate it" deal.

Every game in this years summer of arcade appeals to me except toy soldiers (not a shooter fan but it looks a little fun lol) I will be buying it anyway so i can get my free copy of crimson alliance ^_^

[quote user="Anazoth"]

Every game in this years summer of arcade appeals to me except toy soldiers (not a shooter fan but it looks a little fun lol) I will be buying it anyway so i can get my free copy of crimson alliance ^_^

[/quote]

Just so you're aware: Toy Soldiers isn't a shooter :D It's a tower defense style game.

Ooh really ? I didn't look into it too much i just guessed it was a call of duty toy story style lol. Hmm, might interest me :D

You could try the demo  for the original Toy Soldiers right now.  It's on the market place.  Not bad.

Twisted Planet looks pretty good.  Is it a 800 point game?

It's a 1200MSP game. mate.

Overall, I'm not hugely impressed. I've enjoyed the game, had fun and even had a few head-scratching moments, but it's not left a huge impression on me. I wish the puzzles had been more challenging.

Hmmm.  Seems like more and more games are trying to push that 1200 price when they could easily be an 800 game.

As long as gamers keep supporting that prices the Arcade games will cost that or more in a future.

from dust still has to be my most favourite arcade tital by far