Insanely Long Loading Screens >:(

Anyone else having this problem or just me? I was loading a save for 3 minutes then I just shut it off because I grew impatient. Its not even fit. I clear the cache every time I start it up and still it takes forever.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I get the same thing after a couple hrs of play

If either long Loads or Lock ups persist after clearing the Cache try keeping your Save Files down to about 10 Max. You really shouldn't have more then 3 Auto's and 7 Manual Save Files. In addition, Skyrim is a must for having it Installed on the HDD. Playing from the Disc is just asking for long Load times.

I have about 15 save files, loaded to HDD and still get annoying load times, around 1 minute or so.  Its just Bethslops tech unfortunately.  

I have at least 100 save files (had more like 500). My save times take a while due to all my saves, but loading takes 20-30 seconds.

Yeah if you have the room on your Xbox HDD install skyrim to your Xbox it does save time on the loading screens

[quote user="Metal10957"]

I have at least 100 save files (had more like 500). My save times take a while due to all my saves, but loading takes 20-30 seconds.

[/quote] Why not just have 5-10 saves and rotate them?

Your save game file could be corrupted. It happens from time to time and when the game is shut off when a save file is being accessed.

If it was corrupted I wouldn't be able to play it at all. I was in a fight, got owned and it loaded (tired to load) an auto-save. I have 3 auto-saves and 1 manual. I have absolutely no idea why it takes so long its a major bother.

Turning off autosave helped me A LOT with long loading times. I already had the game on HDD and didn't have more than 10 save files but it was still slow. Now it's, well, as fast as it can be with save files around 15mb+ or something like that lol

@Waffle, well I have over 300 saves dating back to when I originally created my character in January, and from time to time it's fun to go back and have a geez, or if I get a glitched save I'll reload a previous save (thankfully, only Hearthfire and Gauldors Amulet quest have glitched for me).