Insane lag while streaming xbox one to windows 10

The title says it all

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Make sure the devices are on the same network, and also try reducing the number of devices on the network that could be loading the network with other traffic.

If you're getting lots of wireless interference, you may also want to consider a wired connection to your router for at least one of your devices.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same issue.  My PC is connected to an Archer C5 router (5GHZ) and is connected at 780Mbs (upper case M - MegaByte) and My XBOX One is directly Connected to the Archer C5 router (hardwired).  The bandwidth on the Xbox One is like 3mbs (Lower m - megabits).  The lag is ridiculous.  The app itself is fine; but when you stream it's really sad how slow it is.  I updated my network drivers, video drivers, etc.  My next step will be to try and update the router firmware itself and also try a homerun directly to the router to see if that makes a difference.  My guess it won't (the homerun that is since the speed is only ~ 220 MBS faster - but I'll try it).

Any other suggestions would be welcomed.  I did see the XBOX was having some services issues when I tested the network on it earlier...so maybe that is contributing to this issue as well (reaching outside the box here).

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also experience this issue. My PC and Xbox are both hardwired. I am on a 100 mb/s internet connection with a router that can handle much more. Hopefully the Xbox network problems are to contribute to this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to fix my issue.  I turned off my XBOX One and turned off my router for 45 seconds.  Turned the router on; made sure WIFI was up (i.e. my PC and phone) then turned on the XBOX One.  Went back to my PC and bingo it works fine now!  All Video settings work well now.  Madden 15 is a bit darker on the PC...but runs great...scored touchdown as a test and it is smooth now.

This link may also help:

support.xbox.com/.../slow-performance-solution

Let us know if this helps you guys...

Sorry this didn't help.

Also make sure to check this out to troubleshoot lag
"While Game Streaming, I’m having too much lag or latency"

and if you're streaming via wifi also check this out if you have stuttering or freezing

"Audio and video regularly freezes (every 30 seconds, 45 seconds, or minute)"

You might still have to search for the title when clicking the link because it doesn't seem to link to the correct section of the page at the moment

Sorry this didn't help.