Infinite "Checking Downloadable Content" Screen

Starting today, I can't even load up KI because it gets stuck on the checking DLC screen before the main menu even pops up. Anyone have any idea how I might fix this, aside from potentially re-downloading the game? Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I have read on other forums that even deleting and reinstalling doesn't work.  I hope they get this fixed soon.  I don't have much time to game during the week and staring at this "checking downloadable content" screen is pretty annoying.

It is pretty frustrating, even though I managed to find a (complicated) workaround. By loading up the game while not connected to the internet by removing my ethernet cable, then plugging it back in and then connecting to live. It's a pain, but at least it works.

This problem is bad because anyone wanting to complete the current challenge for KI and hasn't already completed  will probably not get it completed will this major screw up of this game. Hopefully MS is aware of this and fix it asap.

I just had this problem uninstall and then reinstall did work for me.

Killer Instinct tweeted last night that they where having issues on their end last night.

I'm currently unable to connect to any multiplayer matches (ranked or exhibition).  It just sits in a search forever.  Any word from anyone on when they might get this sorted out?  

I've never had a problem with killer instinct, til  a week ago. This need to be resolved, I press start in the main menu   but doesn't load after I get a black screen I've done everything from deleting my profile, uninstalling and installing 3x to restoring my console to factory default. And it affects only my profile. What can I do?

Sorry for the delay on this. There have been numerous updates to both the dashboard and the game. Please make sure all content has been downloaded then try again.