Infantry Servers

Who is switching to the infantry servers until dice Dice fix the engineer class?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't think there is much wrong with the engineer class. Just some features of the game that make other classes less important. With health regeneration there is not a huge need for medics. With the squad ammo, explosives and frag specs there is not a huge need for assault. There was never a huge need for recon. It's just the game, not so much the engineer class... IMO

Mines still work fine for me if that is what you are talking about.

Maybe it was the stinger damage being reduced? Now that does suck.

[quote user="Captain Havoc67"]

Who is switching to the infantry servers until dice Dice fix the engineer class?

[/quote]

So...what do you think needs fixing with the best class?

[quote user="Der Verteidiger"]

I don't think there is much wrong with the engineer class. Just some features of the game that make other classes less important. With health regeneration there is not a huge need for medics. With the squad ammo, explosives and frag specs there is not a huge need for assault. There was never a huge need for recon. It's just the game, not so much the engineer class... IMO

[/quote]

I meant support.

The mines needed to be patched to the BC2 format. What gets me is the amount of javelins and RPG's you have to hit vehicles with just to get a dissable. The vehicles have smoke, flares, Infra red, motion sensors, reactive armour and now invincibility. They have made the engineer class almost pointless and the balance is going to be massively in favour of vehicles. What was so bad about the game pre-patch?

It takes 3 normal rockets to destroy a tank from the back. Not bad. The 'nerf' of the stingers and iglas wasn't that bad, actually. It only made it to where the damage is just below disabling the air vehicles. I haven't had a problem before and I don't now. The mines needed to be patched, regardless. They said they wanted to make an alternative later, so I think they will soon.

Oh, so you're saying engineer is underpowered. I disagree, it is by far the most useful class.

Engineers help keep armor in check, how's that useless? They are by far the most important class in the game and I have no issues with the update.

[quote user="Spud 72"]

Engineers help keep armor in check, how's that useless? They are by far the most important class in the game and I have no issues with the update.

[/quote]

I think Havoc is pissed because they nerfed more than they had to.

Mines, SAMs, Javelin still being UP, all this gear is part of the Engineer kit.  No other kit had so much nerfage.

I'm not too fussed personally.  I don't roll with Engineer very often - it depends on the map.  Could always try to use an RPG to destroy a chopper that's flying low.

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

[quote user="Spud 72"]

[/quote]

I think Havoc is pissed because they nerfed more than they had to.

Mines, SAMs, Javelin still being UP, all this gear is part of the Engineer kit.  No other kit had so much nerfage.

I'm not too fussed personally.  I don't roll with Engineer very often - it depends on the map.  Could always try to use an RPG to destroy a chopper that's flying low.

[/quote]Ahhh... I see now. Coffee just kicked in, sorry guys.