Increased lag after patch?

Heya. So ever since Black Ops 2 came out I've been having good matches most of the time with low / unnoticable lag, but since today I've seen people lunging everywhere, alot of people get choppy animations and the game just became a lot less playable to me. My search results are set to "best", and I'm not downloading anything / have done anything that could cause this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its saturday and its double xp. Everyone and their brother are online.

I have not noticed lag, but I have noticed that playcards are not showing up. Meaning my emblem won't show up on my gun aswell.

Honestly don't think that that's the case. When I say bad, I really mean bad. If the last double xp was anything like this I'd defenitely remember it, and I bet there were more people online back then than there are now.

Sounds like you are experiencing the lag that the rest of us have been playing against since launch.

Its been worse than normal for me today, but fairly typical of what I usually deal with on a dubxp weekend.

It's because revolution is being uploaded, plus with more peole than usual on, it's not a good combo.

I suppose Lowly is right then, a combination of lag comp and revolution DLC, since I defenitely didn't have this kind of lag last time. Anyways thanks for responding everybody, let's just hope it'll be over soon :).

Hey Ramon, I predict that lag will slow down tomorrow night/afternoon.  Because the DLC has almost been fully uploaded. Mine is slowing down a bit. Fingers crossed!

If I'm not mistaken the first dubxp was pre xmas.  Player size prolly doubled since xmas.

Yep. Its hard to tell though since they released double xp, are uploading maps, and released patch. But seriously I was playing it when there was under 400k on during double xp and it was still bad for me. Sadly I have perfect connection to host 90% of the time and I still lag. Then Lag comp tries to hide it. Except I can tell since I shoot first and get someone full red before they shoot and lose because I'm lagging not due to connection but because there is something horribly wrong with the game since Saturday. There is also the instant death before guy is even shooting me then his kill cam makes perfect sense. Can actually shoot a hole or half a clip and on enemies kill cam I didn't even shoot, therefore bullets don't register. So we will see soon if its the damn patch since the maps should be uploaded by now and the fact double xp ends soon. My bet is its the patch seeing as there is a definite error with lightning strike and stealth chopper map display. And the fact that I can use a shot gun and shoot someone point blank not kill them in 1 hit but kill them in 1 at medium range. Meaning they might have caused allot of inconsistency with the shotgun, and other guns. I'm not exaggerating either and I had no issues before the patch it was fine on Thursday when I played and on Monday and Tuesday. Only issues I've ever had prior to patch was quick scoping and I can deal with that. Since its probably patch, and seeing as they won't fix it for months and it will never be as good of a game now I think I'm done with the multilayer on this game. Only zombies from now on.