Incorrect balance

I added 5.00 GBP to my account, making my balance 5.27 GBP. I purchased 2 items, one priced at 2.69 GBP and the other priced at 1.29 GBP. This should have left me with a balance of 1.29 GBP however, my balance shows as 1.28 GBP. Where did my 0.01 GBP go?

Are you seriously complaining about a two cent discrepancy when there are currency exchanges going on?  It most likely has something to do with taxes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I am complaining, it may seem trivial, but that is my 0.01 GBP and I can't use it. I should have 1.29 GBP to spend on my account for which I intend to purchase content valued at 1.29 GBP but as 0.01 GBP has gone missing, I now have to add more points to my account to complete my desired purchase. This isn't an issue with VAT or tax, I can sign into Xbox.com and see my balance as 1.29, I can sign into my microsoft commerce account and see my balance as 1.29 but on my Xbox 360, the balance is 1.28. Where did my 1p go?

I'm infuriated by this because I have been trying to switch e-mails for months and after several unsuccessful attempts, I contacted microsoft for help and they told me I can't switch e-mails with local currency still in my account (I had 27p before today) and that I would have to empty my funds in order for the transfer to go through. I tried this and have now encountered more problems.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So add a credit card or paypal to the account, select what it is you wish to buy and if there is a 0.01 sterling difference it will charge that amount to the card/paypal.  Problem solved.

I must admit though I don't understand why if you wanted to switch your e-mail address that you went through all the trouble of buying a 5 pound card and finding DLC to use that exact amount just to save 27 pence... to me that seems like you're spending 5 sterling to save 27 pence but hey, to each their own.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you even read my posts? I couldn't care less about the 27p or even the phantom penny, I just want to change my e-mail address and it was suggested to me by support that the reason I could not change my e-mail is that I still had funds left in my account. I tried to empty the account and encountered the problem of the missing penny.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 59 Applies to: