Incentive for Promoting, What's the point???

So my fellow gamers, what's the point of

promoting your characters in multiplayer??? 

What's the benefit in multiplayer for me to keep promoting my character once I hit level 20. Because frankly, not a single **** is given about them becoming war assets for single player since all the endings are the same anyway. Nor do I care about N7 ratings. 

Once I hit lvl 20 with all my characters, I don't find myself wanting to promote them knowing that I have to level them all the way up again which feels like a chore trying to get back to lvl 20 so I can play gold normally with the rest of my friends.

See, I ask this because, when I played the demo, I wanted to know what promoting meant, and when I first got the full game, a guy that had promoted one of his character had told us in the lobby that, promoting your character starts your character back at level one, but you get extra war assets for single player, and you get a single extra skill point for that class every time you promoted a class.

To me, that sounded madly awesome as that would mean that if you promoted a class like 20 times, you can then completely max out all of their skills. Which was some motivation to play the game over a very long period of time as promoting a single class 20 times would take quite a while to do. And to do that six times........yea, LONG time.

I was like HELL YEA!!

But I later found out, he was blowing smoke up our a**es. So I find myself, not promoting my characters at all. I see no logical point for doing that from what I can see. Aren't other game that does this gives you some type of reward or incentive for re-leveling your characters and stuff???

That war assets stuff is a joke. That's a benefit for single player, what's the benefit for multiplayer???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="BootstrapGolem"]

do the respec cards count for the whole class, or just for the character you hit respec for? cause i have 2 respec cards to use and not sure if i want to use them or not.

[/quote]

Single character not the whole class. I've done it a couple times...

if you promote a character, does it become a permenant war asset in the campaign (ie does it carry over to multiple playthroughs) and does it affect your GAW rating at all?

do the respec cards count for the whole class, or just for the character you hit respec for? cause i have 2 respec cards to use and not sure if i want to use them or not.

Because It gives you an opportunity to try new classes and see how their powers evolve.  What's the point in getting a Geth Inflitrator or whatever and already having the class at level 20 and you've basically got every power maxed out before you even play a game? 

I don't promote a class and instantly pick that class again and level him up exactly the same way with exactly the same weapon loadouts like some people here seem to do.

For example, 2 weeks ago I promoted my Salarian Engineer.  Then I picked the class again once I unlocked the Quarian Engineer.  Now that I've promoted that class, I'm using the Human Male Engineer.  I'd dabbled with the Female build when I had my Salarian but that was when he was already level 16.  So I'm playing as a Human from scratch.  Once Human is done, I will go back to Salarian and level him up differently.  Or the Geth character if I have him.

You don't need to be so condescending towards people when the question you ask in the OP is so obviously answered. You ask what's the point and then list all the reasons people would do it as things you're not interested in. You answered your own post without saying it, there is no point for you.

I just want to say, I wish that I wish that they did give you 1 extra skill point everytime you promoted a class, that would be sweet. Yeah, you would have to promote 20 times to max every power, but it would be worth it. That's actually a really cool idea because as it sits now, I agree with the OP. Promoting is pretty much useless unless you just want to respec your character, don't have a respec card and don't mind spending some time doing it.

i wish promoting a character gave you a free spectre pack or something, maybe then i might promote one of them someday. so far i have soldier and engineer level 20, infiltrator i think is 19.

[quote user="Skanker irl"]

What's the point of anything? You try to get higher numbers, stats, kills, etc.

The point of promoting is to increase your N7 rating. If you don't care about that, then don't promote and enjoy the game.

[/quote]

Easy: It's 5 - 6 reset powers cards all at once.

[quote user="Skanker irl"]

What's the point of anything? You try to get higher numbers, stats, kills, etc.

The point of promoting is to increase your N7 rating. If you don't care about that, then don't promote and enjoy the game.

[/quote]I suspect people can reach that conclusion on their own.