In B4 All... who's excited for FM4?

Very excite! As long as they don't just copy and paste from FM3 and simply add some more cars and tracks, that is.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It'll be a day one purchase for me.

-Jim

I just hope they don't push kinect into it too much, that could be what ruins the Forza series, but I'll definitely be getting a copy.

I agree about the whole Kinect thing. It's supposed to allow you to turn the driver's head in FM4, and this isn't going to work well unless you have 3+ screens. No biggie for me, though, as I refuse to buy Kinect until A.) It drops to under $100 & B.) There's actual games for it. A few brightly colored children's games aren't going to cut it for me.

Very excited xD

I agree Kinect is more appealing to younger audiences and I agree that there isn't really any games that makes me jump out of my chair to get the kinect sensor

you could find them brand new on craigslist or afew other options for $100 which I may do if I finally decide to break down and get one but my Fanatec wheel will come 1st

Yeah, I can't wait. I hope that they will have a more variety in the types of cars.

Is Forza 4 now official? I guess now it is.

I just found out a buddy of mine was contacted by Turn10 to have his Subaru STi recorded for Forza 4. He showed the video of the recording on FB. I have to say, thats pretty [Mod Removed] cool.

[quote user="ArchSilversmith"]

Is Forza 4 now official? I guess now it is.

[/quote]

It's been official since they showed that video for it before Kinect came out.

[quote user="NJDevilNYGuy"]

Very excite! As long as they don't just copy and paste from FM3 and simply add some more cars and tracks, that is.

[/quote]

You mean, the Polyphony Digital approach?  (80% of GT5's cars and a bunch of its tracks were recycled.)

I don't care so much about FM3 cars and tracks returning so much as that they also add a bunch of new content on top of that.  That might sound odd after I just criticized PD for recycling for GT5, but the difference is that the recycled material in GT5 was very definitely of sub-par quality, while FM3 content was top-quality.  PD just padded their numbers by using a heap of content that would run just fine on PS2.  In all honesty, had FM3 came out back in 2009 with hundreds of cars that were ripped straight off of last-gen hardware, Turn 10 would never have heard the end of it.

FM3 was released with over 400 cars, and after that there were several car packs that followed, and there's really no reason that every single one of those shouldn't be in FM4.  I would then expect a bunch of new cars on top of that.  There's really no point in just discarding the FM3 cars.  The same goes for the tracks.  I expect this to fill the second disc and maybe a third.