In a jam

I am finding myself in need of help in Anor Londo. I am SL 44. I thought this was a good SL for the area but I can't seem to find any summon signs on my way towards the main castle. I only have 2 humanity left and I cannot for the life(lives) of me get past the 2 Black Knight archers with those heavy duty Dragon Bone bows. I've been resting at the bonfire where you can access the Blades of the Darkmoon, and then going up through the spiral and on my way to get slaughtered again. I'm usually on after 9pm EST. Any help is definitely appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just run up to the one to left(If you just run straight to him you should be good) and aggro him. Just have a decent shield (medium or great shield). Soon as he aggros, walk back a bit or let him hit you with your shield and kick him. He should fall off either way. The other archer, you don't have to worry about because the pillar protects you. and you can try the same trick with him, if you want that soul behind him.

It's the one on the right you want to go after.  If you go to the left, then you also have to defeat the one on the right.  If you go to the right, you can drop down and get to the next bonfire without having to face the one on the left.

If you have a long bow or Pharis's bow, you may be able to shoot them and poison them from the platform below.  Be careful not to get knocked off while you are shooting though.

Another option is to do the kick.  If you're good at parrying, you can do that.  If you have magic, wrath of the gods or homing soul mass both work really well.

Just as a note, it's not always easy to find summon signs there because most hosts will want to sit down at the bonfire that's just past the archers.  So, most summons will end up being sent home.  That's probably why you aren't finding much action there.  I used to have a character in that level range that could have helped, but I leveled up that character to the 70s recently.

Yeah I guess I gotta just keep grinding it out. Each way I tried I just get smoked by the other Knights arrows. I played this game very much in earlier months.(Actually my 1st and only 1000/1000) but I never had such a hard time in this area. With this new character I've been trying to stay lower level, so maybe that's making it a bit harder. I def think I have better shot at the Knight on the left since I can try to shield myself from righties arrows using that pillar. I've just never been this stuck.

MMM Jam.

I have character at that level if you still want help.

[quote user="Darker Reaper"]

Just run up to the one to left(If you just run straight to him you should be good) and aggro him. Just have a decent shield (medium or great shield). Soon as he aggros, walk back a bit or let him hit you with your shield and kick him. He should fall off either way. The other archer, you don't have to worry about because the pillar protects you. and you can try the same trick with him, if you want that soul behind him.

[/quote]

That's the hard way. Once they aggro, turn a run. They will follow and fall off, every time. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Thanks brandiesel, I'm gonna try to meet up with dazrscoworth but if not then I will try your method. Isaac you're welcome for the 3 star rating. I was working my way to giving 1 or 1/2 but not familiar with my new cpu mousepad so hit the button by mistake. Sucker note that I'm flavor like Smuckers!

Whilst you're you're trying to aggro the right knight, watch out for the other one. I've had instances where I was pegged in the back (somehow) by that guy and fell off the ledge due to the game's goofy fall-mechanism.

If you are close to the knight on the right, the pillar blocks the left one's arrows.

Thanks for the advice guys.dazrscosworth gave me some big help last night. I'm still flip-flopping between my NHL 13 & Dark Souls addictions but now I have some fresh wind in my sails, maybe time to finally check out the DLC!