Important Information Regarding The Beta Release Date

I already posted this in another thread, but I felt that it deserved it's own thread as it may shed light on what DICE has already said about the Beta.

According to the fine print on the back of the case of the Limited Edition of MoH, and I quote,

"Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta participation requires Xbox Live Gold membership, EA account, in-game registration of Online Pass and acceptance of Beta agreement. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of Beta events. Must be 18+. Visit EA.com/Beta for details, including availability."

Since MoH was released on October 12, 2010, technically they have until October 12, 2011 to release the Beta, according to the fine print.

More than likely we'll get the Beta sometime this month, especially since they're about to launch Battlelog this week. But DICE could release the Beta on October 11 and it wouldn't violate the fine print about the Beta.

Just thought I'd throw this out there since everyone on the interwebz apparently has their own speculation on the Beta release date and so many of them are convinced the Beta HAS to be released this month. It doesn't.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Pretty sure it's confirmed as september,just don't know when.

[View:http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/EV1LDC4Teggy/battlefield_3_beta_360.jpg]

Soon.  

I take it that image was posted by DICE?

Even though DICE are talented devs, they can be such jerks.

Apparently it was posted by a DICE Dev on his twitter account.

[quote user="TLS Big Boss"]
More than likely we'll get the Beta sometime this month, especially since they're about to launch Battlelog this week. But DICE could release the Beta on October 11 and it wouldn't violate the fine print about the Beta.

Just thought I'd throw this out there since everyone on the interwebz apparently has their own speculation on the Beta release date and so many of them are convinced the Beta HAS to be released this month. It doesn't.

[/quote]

They said September. I trust anything that DICE / EA officially announce before I trust any third party source.

And here i got all excited when i saw the dam thing on the tv, Well ***.

me too and im far too old to be getting excited about computer games (i owned a spectrum , thats how old i am!) there is much discussion about the pic on the interweb , either way fake or not dice ar gonna laffin their heads off at the frenzy its caused , if it it photoshopped its most likely been done at EA's headquarters :)

[quote user="TLS Big Boss"]

"Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release"
DICE could release the Beta on October 11 and it wouldn't violate the fine print about the Beta.

[/quote]

First, The small print on case was printed by EA publishers and not DICE. Second I don't think EA count the day of release. ("Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release") it doesn't say release date. So it would only violate the fine print if the beta was delayed until Oct 2011.

There was live podcast with Ian Tornay (Crash7800) he's the commuity managers for EA games. He stated that the reason why DICE have not released any infomation regrading the beta is because the fan have very high expectations for BF3 and the DICE team are working extremely hard to get the beta polished so the experience lives you to the hype and feedback will be new with gives them time to work on patches.

here's the link to the Podcast http://www.twitch.tv/dontrevivemebro/b/294604688 (however it is a hour long, but worth watching/listening to)