Importaint subject on EA's online pass.

[quote]If Battlefield 3 does end up shipping with an online pass system, it gives Modern Warfare 3 everything to play for. Whatever you may think of Activision's other business practices, one thing the company hasn't done -- yet -- is incorporate an online pass system. If Battlefield 3 ships with an online pass and Modern Warfare 3 doesn't, that may be enough to send a few people who were on the fence between the two rival military shooters in the direction of Activision's title.[/quote]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

its EA, you KNOW it will.

Yes EA is cheap like that and will incorporate some sort of online pass

I really don't care about the online pass and which way it goes. All I know, is that if they really do want to beat out the giant that is Call of Duty, this would drastically alter the quota of general players. I honestly hope they add the online pass for a game of this caliber. It would make an attempt to keep the undesirables out and would keep the game full of people who are working as a team.

This is not on par with the online pass per say, but this is the only game I would pay a (minimal) yearly fee to play. I can see if they charge $15 a year to play battlefield, all the CoD casuals would be turned away, leaving us regulars with better team centered game play. Obviously this would be one of the stupidest decisions to make right now because of how Battlefield is growing their fan-base, but in the future I can see it working.

I wonder if it'll be the same online pass as BFBC2.

You know where you buy new and the pass gives you access to all the map packs that come out. Unlike with Cash On Demand which asks for 1200 MSP per map pack.

if the online pass is free to first time buyers and includes all future DLC.....no worries

I can understand people not wanting to pay extra...maybe on principle, but if it's only like $10...the cost to value ratio isn't too bad......ya can't even order a full meal at KFC for $10....a movie ticket costs around $10 but ya have to refinance your house to get snacks

Hobblejp:All we got is 4 maps tbh for free. Most COD games ship with more.

But yeah, it's going to have the OPC for sure. I hope at least it makes it better (like you get extra upgrades) and such. I hope it isn't as drastic as ME2 or MOH's is though.

Have you considered that all of the cod maps can fit in half of one battlefield map?

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Have you considered that all of the cod maps can fit in half of one battlefield map?

[/quote]

This.

I'd be willing to bet 1 COD map fits into 1/2 of a conquest map. and as conquest maps are normally 1/3 of Rush maps its quite a feat there for maps

Good I hope the COD fans stay on Call of Duty.  However COD fans complain about online passe's but pay extra £££ for map packs with have the same maps on the old game they already own. I know BF3 will have Wake Island & Strike at Karkand but a least they have been remastered.

Other issue with COD this year is that COD Elite is being launched soon, for anyone that as not heard of it, its the same as BattleLog however where BattleLog will be free, COD Elite will cost you around £10 mouth. £120 a year for map pack.

COD Elite!Pffffft!So you are now "Elite"if you hand over your cash!There will be some unhappy parents of COD kids out there!The online pass system works fine imo,You get it free with the game on purchase and it entitles you to new maps as they come out,with the exception of Nam of course but i didnt mind paying for that as it is essentially a game in itself,its as big as 1943,with all new vehicles and genre as well as big maps.Unlike COD which charges you every time it brings out small new maps.