IMO, it's still too early to tell...

IMO, it's still too early to tell if BF3 is going to supplant the CoD series.  Whether it's been by choice or lack thereof, CoD has been the king of mountain when it comes to FPS for a while now and one trailer isn't enough to knock it off its well-deserved pedestal.

I'll admit, the early screenshot and gameplay videos of BF3 are AMAZING, but keep in mind that these are choice snippets.  If BF3 can pull it all together for a good campaign AND multiplayer experience, I'll gladly move on from CoD.  However, the so called CoD killers have been plenty and none have really lived up to the hype.

BF3 seems like a very worthy challenger, so let's wait and see how this plays out.  At the end of the day, this is great for gamers as it creates competition and forces developers to up the ante and produce better quality games.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

BF3 vs COD, what is it, 8?

Blah Blah Blah

I hope COD 8 stays on top. Better communities on almost every other games. I hate it when a new game comes out and people from COD make a monthly pilgrimage to a new game only to turn it to a pile of crap, use thier walmart connections and find a way to exploit everything, as well as just being all out annoying.

I don't really care if CoD stays on top or not.  If they've gotten complacent and BF3 has really taken a monumental step by putting in the time and effort, then let the best game win.  I'll choose the game that offers the best gaming experience.  

It is annoying how so are so quick jump ship and hate on an immensely popular franchise, but that's what happens when you're the top dog.    

[img][View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc][img]

I actually read it this time, and I don't understand how you think that the BF3 game play trailer is choice snippets and MW3's isn't.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

BF3 vs COD, what is it, 8?

Blah Blah Blah

I hope COD 8 stays on top. Better communities on almost every other games. I hate it when a new game comes out and people from COD make a monthly pilgrimage to a new game only to turn it to a pile of crap, use thier walmart connections and find a way to exploit everything, as well as just being all out annoying.

[/quote]

pretty much.

@ Kramer.  Yawn @ SP

Also

If your attitude towards this game and the hateful posts you be givin', is any indication of the maturity level of the BF community, than yes, it is no better than CODs

And I don't think lack of footage against BF is anything (although I guess it is when you are grasping at straws) MAyne they started production early, who knows? I like to think that IW knows they have nothing to worry about in BF so they are not sweating it.

CoD, rehashed for the uninformed since 2007.

MW3 fan bois unite!, find a corner, and plant some claymores. I'll be on a battlefield, not hiding in another Cod shoebox map.

[quote user="DDanimalzz"]

I don't really care if CoD stays on top or not.  If they've gotten complacent and BF3 has really taken a monumental step by putting in the time and effort, then let the best game win.  I'll choose the game that offers the best gaming experience.  

It is annoying how so are so quick jump ship and hate on an immensely popular franchise, but that's what happens when you're the top dog.    

[/quote]Nice post. Im getting both though and COD IS the game you love to hate. Its lonely on top.

[quote user="Ron Limo Driver"]

@ Kramer.  Yawn @ SP

Also

If your attitude towards this game and the hateful posts you be givin', is any indication of the maturity level of the BF community, than yes, it is no better than CODs

[/quote]

So posting a video is hateful now?

lawl @ you funny sir