Imaginary guard pursuit.

Okay, so here is my problem. I cannot fast travel, sleep, or wait at all. The game says there are guards pursuing me. The problem is that I have no bounties anywhere, and there has been no guards chasing me for quite awhile. I cannot load a previous save because i deleted most of those to make more room on the memory. Any help with this glitch aside from starting over would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Possibly actually getting arrested may help. You may not want to, but try striking a guard and then surrender to them. It may be that serving time in jail will get them away. Best of luck.

I have found out being arrested for no good reason is a glitch in the game I mean, you have done nothing at all, you walk into a town only to get arrested for God knows what. It really is a money shakedown within the game itself.

It might not be a glitch. I've unknowingly, accidentally shot guards while fighting dragons and other critters.  A guard just happened to be in the line of fire somewhere.  If you haven't traveled too far away from the "scene of the crime" you might return to it, look for some guards and see what they want.

[quote user="OldPepsiMan"]

It might not be a glitch. I've unknowingly, accidentally shot guards while fighting dragons and other critters.  A guard just happened to be in the line of fire somewhere.  If you haven't traveled too far away from the "scene of the crime" you might return to it, look for some guards and see what they want.

[/quote]Very true, these people hold grudges and if you left the scene of a crime which you may not even know you did they will remember and they won't forgive. 

Make sure you look for active bounties under stats.  Also, you should travel to your closest home and sleep there.  Save a game, leave the house, and see if this helps. If that does not help, I would suggest actually killing a guard and getting a bounty, paying the bounty, and see if this corrects your mishap.  

Is this problem in all holds or just one? If it's just one, get to the capital city of that hold and find a guard, talk to him and go to jail. If this problem is everywhere then your game is glitched (unless you really do have bounties in each hold).

Too bad. I hope it clears up.