Illogical things in games that we don't seem to question

As I play Far Cry 3 I'm having to suspend my important mission because my wallet is too small and I'm shaking my head in bewilderment as to why wallet size matters right now?  Why can't I just stuff money loosely in a pocket like I do in real life?  In Far Cry 3, you have to go a step beyond that though...you have to hunt down some pigs, skin them and sit under a tree somewhere and actually SEW a new, larger wallet.  They call it "crafting" but what it actually is, is that you are sitting down with a needle and thread and fashioning a new wallet.  A wallet would be hard to make under the best of conditions, but out in the jungle?  Where did the needle and thread come from?  I guess I have a little sewing kit in my pocket.  I'm supposed to be relaxed enough in the jungle to spend a few hours making a wallet while there are tigers, wild boars and komodo dragons in the area?  Why Ubisoft, why?!

This is about as illogial as finding bananas, pineapples, cereal and canned goods in the pockets of the deceased in Bioshock Infinite.  :o  Oh and I found lots of money and ammo inside trash cans.  

Am I the only one that notices this stuff? :p  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think there is a-lot of "Why" moments in that game.

[quote user="FoomBerry"]

I think there is a-lot of "Why" moments in that game.

[/quote]

In Far Cry 3?  Yes... I'm asking them constantly.  Usually I let irrational stuff slide without question.  FC3 is really pushing the envelope though and making me stop and question things for the first time...and laugh.  It's like a comedy of irrational stuff, but I'm still enjoying it regardless.  

Far Cry 3: You are far from crying why with every new why moment.

There are a lot of games that makes you ask how it can be possible ? but after all they are  just that ...games to have fun.  Wait to play games like DR 2 and DR 3 where the crafting is crazy but funny.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

There are a lot of games that makes you ask how it can be possible ? but after all they are  just that ...games to have fun.  Wait to play games like DR 2 and DR 3 where the crafting is crazy but funny.

[/quote]
DR3's plot advancement is a Über why moment.

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

[/quote]

I expect nothing more than 100% realism!!!  I realize they are games and based on fantasy, okay? :D  I'm just finding some things to be a bit amusing.  

The items people have randomly on Fallout and Skyrim are usually hilarious.

[quote user="Moshed Brotatoe"]

[/quote]

Yes, like in Fallout 3 - a steam gauge assembly, 2 pencils, a coffee mug, wrench, empty sap container, harmonica, crumpled note, garden gnome, plunger, and rake.  

[/quote]Like you mentioned Fallout Schematics are another good example. I loved my rockit launcher, railway rifle and dart gun.

[/quote]Veronica always seems to pick up spoons for me. I think shes trying to tell me something.