IGN Review

Read the review carefully, and make sure you heed the warnings.  As brilliant as the game is, it won't be for everyone:   It's not a game that you play to relax. It doesn't care in the slightest about whether you're enjoying yourself, and it doesn't give a fig for your notions of entertainment or your mental well-being. If you just play games for fun, this isn't for you, and no amount of insistence on my part is going to change that. But if you're interested in the limits of the videogame form – to see just how focused, how pure and how uncompromising in its vision a game can be – Dark Souls is unmissable.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

We still doing that pool on how many people whinge about the difficulty and demand it be toned down?

Haha, I can't wait to hear them.

I say day 1 there will be at least 12 new threads all complaining how terrible this game is due to the difficulty.

I can hear it now

"..... well I knew it was going to be hard, but this is just retarded. What a stupid game etc etc etc"

"The bosses are so cheap! They kill you in two hits but I have a shield!" and watch it not even be a boss, like the boar.

"An enemy killed me, COD enemies never dare kill me therefore COD > Dark Souls."

"I'm wearing some great heavy armor, but it won't let me roll right! This game is broken!!!"

A bit off-topic, but is anyone else attending the midnight release Monday in the US? Luckily, my local Gamestop is holding one for it.

I wont be getting it until after work

I dont get much time to play games now a days with work, wife and kids, I get maybe a hour or 2 in the evenings, and maybe 3 on weekends, and I am only about half way through dead island, my wife and I both play it, and usually it is after the little guy is asleep, and I plan on getting BF3, and this game this week,

I ordered my copy from Amazon because I had promo credit from gears of war. Getting my copy for $20. Most gamestops are having midnight releases though. The midnights aren't for Dark Souls, but for NBA and Rage for the most part, but luckily you can still pick up Dark Souls at the midnight. This game needs WAY more attention than what it's getting, Namco/From really needs to invest in some commercial time.

I definitely would go to the midnight if I hadn't already ordered my copy and got the Collectors upgrade from Amazon. Just 2 more days, I can't wait.

It's one of those games where I don't want the mainstream crowd anywhere near it. Why? Because I guarantee you if they're allowed near it then the third game will get dumbed down to cater to them by a trendy marketing type.