IGN Poll- Halo 4 vs. Black Ops 2. What do you think?

IGN is having a cool poll to see what people think is better. I know there are some annoying threads about this specific versus topic but lets keep this to a friendly debate. I'm posting this in both forums as well and am interested to see what people think. Please keep it to legitimate opinions and arguments. Not just "HUR DUR (insert game) SUCKS". The poll is on graphics, multiplayer, and campaign.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/21/you-decide-halo-4-vs-call-of-duty-black-ops-2, it has instructions on how to vote. Real simple and you don't have to actually watch through every video.

-

Graphics- Definitely Halo 4. Cut scenes were great and I thought the opening one was live action at first. In game was still amazing too.

-

Campaign- Gotta give it to Black Ops. It actually got me playing through more than once. The different choices with different consequences were great. Halo was great and did a great job with the story but overall I enjoyed Black Ops more.

-

Multiplayer- Halo. Call of Duty has better replay value in my opinion, but there's too many issues with it. I like Halo better because I feel like it is balanced better and takes more skill. If Black Ops didn't have the problems with lag, spawns, and gun balance, then I might have picked it. I do sometimes find myself playing Call of Duty more but I think Halo has better quality multiplayer.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think the single player was a total joke for Black Ops 2. Some spanish guy gets angry because Josefina and wants to destroy America? Lame. I haven't had enough time to decide yet which I like better.

I dropped cod.. after cod 4... they are not bringing anything new in the franchise..... The guys from treyarch/infinityward are the perfect example of non caring game developers ... they just milking everything out of cod.. with this i mean.. They keep making the same game because people will buy them over andnover again... they dont need to improve their engine... they need nothing to improve... its because they know they will break every record... its so overrated, and i cant stand cod anymore, to me its the same old sh*t over and over again....

I dont know why people are still playing this game maybe its overhyped...

I even heard they are already busy with the next cod.

They not even taking the time to make a whole new experience to it, its the same thing for like 4 years now..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides halo.., i love halo.. the campaign is great.. the multiplayer way more balanced and not so much yelling 12 yr old kids..

Graphics best ive seen on xbox...

^^^ It's not really Infinity Ward's or Treyarch's faults. They are owned by Activision, and are under contract to make these games. They don't really have a choice. And Activision really likes to milk franchises to their death. Guitar Hero anybody?

~

But yeah, I do agree that the COD games are over hyped. I thought COD 4 was actually a very good game, and expected MW2 to be just as good. I didn't buy W@W because I played it at a friends and hated it, but I did buy MW2 with high expectations. I was let definitely let down, and then when Activision fired the creators of COD from IW over a "breach of contract" dispute, I decided I'd never support that franchise again.

Agreed

CoD is supposed to be a military simulation but is just a Michael Bay action movie with gratuitous explosions and implausible political plotlines featuring super-organized terrorist groups with legions of soldiers all over the world with the power to destroy major cities.  Meanwhile, major nations like Russia are irrationally starting wars with other major nations over non-investigated terrorist attacks and the President will apparently nuke the world over his daughter being held hostage.  

The multiplayer was a blast but ultimately you are paying like 100 a year to play the same game (unless you are fastidiously against purchasing DLC), which is why I dropped out during the second release for which I played the multiplayer.  It's the Madden model with a carrot on a stick that is perpetuated by all your accomplishments essentially being reset with the next release.  It's dangerously close to the World of Warcraft model when you really think about it.

[quote user="Malnificent"]CoD is supposed to be a military simulation[/quote]Stopped reading right there.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

[quote user="Malnificent"]CoD is supposed to be a military simulation[/quote]Stopped reading right there.

[/quote]lol

I don't particularly care for either. I don't like COD's play to begin with. (not even getting into the politics of it being re-re-rehashed every year) Halo 4 is my least favorite entry graphically of all the Halos. It's ugly. I've gotten more used to the flow of multiplayer, but it still doesn't have that retarded fun that kept me coming back like Reach did.

Halo 4 duh

[quote user="Malnificent"]

CoD is supposed to be a military simulation but is just a Michael Bay action movie with gratuitous explosions and implausible political plotlines featuring super-organized terrorist groups with legions of soldiers all over the world with the power to destroy major cities.  Meanwhile, major nations like Russia are irrationally starting wars with other major nations over non-investigated terrorist attacks and the President will apparently nuke the world over his daughter being held hostage.  

The multiplayer was a blast but ultimately you are paying like 100 a year to play the same game (unless you are fastidiously against purchasing DLC), which is why I dropped out during the second release for which I played the multiplayer.  It's the Madden model with a carrot on a stick that is perpetuated by all your accomplishments essentially being reset with the next release.  It's dangerously close to the World of Warcraft model when you really think about it.

[/quote]

Sorry, but Call Of Duty, especially the later ones like the Modern Warfare and Black Ops series, are not supposed to be a military simulation at all and, in fact, are supposed to be an arcade game that plays like a Michael Bay action movie.