If your console have problems reading disk after the update read this:MS offering to replace consoles

My bad if was posted :

[quote]The problem causes users to receive a "disc unreadable" or "disc unsupported" error after inserting a disc into the console. According to Microsoft, it is caused by "a change in the disc reading algorithms in a recent software update and is not specific to older or newer versions of Xbox 360." Those suffering from the error should contact Microsoft through www.xbox.com/support/contact so the company can verify if the console has been impacted via Xbox Live. If the problem is confirmed, owners of ailing 360s will receive complementary new units.[/quote]

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6314530.html?tag=updates%3Beditor%3Ball%3Btitle%3B1

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Free Xbox if yours stops working huh?  Wow, talk a total 180 for Microsoft.

^^^

[quote]Microsoft is reportedly offering to give afflicted gamers a 250GB slim 360 along with a year's membership to Live.[/quote]

www.gameinformer.com/.../microsoft-replacing-360s-incompatible-with-new-firmware.aspx

Yeah I saw this today on my one of my phone apps.  I kind of hope my Xbox bricks.  

I have an older console that displays "open tray" when you try and run new games, however the same disk works with the new console.  Microsoft offered me the option to send it in for repair (at my cost) or purchase a new console (no replacement mentioned).  Bad business practice in my eyes.  Considering a switch to playstation at this point and I am sure Gamefly will be losing money as well.    

Yeah, my old Pro 360 bit the dust after that spring update and I was given 2 choices, 120 bucks for repair(free shipping) or buy a new console

I would have went for option #3... I send in a picture of my bare a55, Bill Gates puts on a nice shade of red lipstick, kisses it and mails it back along with a PS3.