If true....wow.

Its just gone up on YouTube: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7hIrKrCP0

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This one's "clickable"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7hIrKrCP0&app=desktop  ...:-)

I don't know what to say really.  Most players hated the ending so I guess that they should be pleased, right?  If it's true, I guess the bright spot for me is that this likely confirms that the game will take place after the last trilogy and we won't be getting a prequel, and that's good news.  But what about "fresh & new", or "calling it ME4 is a disservice"?...:-)

After giving it another watch after the excitement fog has cleared. I am somewhat skeptical about my own post. Lol.

Thank to Arkham for making the link clickable, I couldn't be bother as I am doing this from my phone. 😃

I think whether or not it's true is irrelevant to the prospect of them using a new ending to the trilogy as a sort of springboard to the next one, for I don't believe that it's been brought up here before.  I mean, we've all talked about "canonizing" one of the three ME3 endings, but virtually everyone has taken BioWare on their word (I know, we should know better!) that they wouldn't be changing the ME3 ending beyond the 'Extended Cut', and now after viewing this, eventhough it could very well be fakery, it certainly adds a new element to the discussions centering around speculation of what's next, I mean, is this actually a good idea?...:-)

Speculation is what makes the forums exciting I suppose. I remember when we were all doing it with the run up to ME3 and it was fun. Dare we dream again?

The quotes from Ray Muzyka are from the time between the ME3 release and the release of the Extended Cut. This is old video.

Do people not realise that is an old video?

-

For one both Ray Muzyka (and Greg Zeschuk) no longer work at Bioware. The quotes given are in reference to the Extended Cut.

-

Old video reposted is still old news.

-

Edit: Ninja'd

Thanks Kimieva.

@VoteDC Evidently I did not realize it was an old video (nor did Arkham) as I would have not put it up.

Also, not every one is familiar with who and who does not work at Bioware.

^

Lol.

I still think that it's interesting to ponder the idea (not much else to talk about these days anyway) for everyone seems resigned to the fact that "the ending" won't be altered (it never really was) any further simply because "BioWare said so", since when do we take anything that they say as gospel?  I'm not saying that they should, but it would make a lot of sense to begin the next chapter with cutscenes that tell a very different tale than the final frames of the previous trilogy.  The biggest reason being from a pure marketing stance and we know that BioWare isn't the team calling the shots in this department.  I felt that EA used the "we listen to the fans" song and dance very effectively during ME3's stint in the limelight, especially for the 'Extended Cut' & 'Citadel' DLC.  With the 'Extended Cut', they were able to convert many of the most vocal critics into supporters again, simply by engineering some cutscenes that, at best, filled in a few blanks which were all ready foregone presumptions/conclusions anyway while offering it free for download.  And then, even convinced many who vowed never to invest in any more BioWare futures to pay inflated DLC prices to cover the extra costs for this "free" fan service.

EA would almost be daft not to advise BioWare to "rewrite history" for the next installment, to all of a sudden make a surprise announcement out of nowhere that this is the direction that they're going in would certainly fan the flames of MASS Effect discussions everywhere, which is perhaps at an all-time low.  It would do a lot to rekindle interest for those who've all but abandoned the series for good, if for out of curiosity alone, sure there will be those who will bark about the last three games "not meaning anything", but with NextGen Consoles about to replace the current hardware for good and no backwards compatibility in place, why should EA really care?  It's always about looking ahead for them, right?  Science-Fiction has shown many times throughout history that it's open season for "rewriting history", whether it's Darth Maul being sliced in half before our eyes in 'Phantom Menace' before being resurrected for Season 4 of the 'Clone Wars', or Mr. Spock dying a dramatic death towards the end of 'Wrath of Khan' while being reborn for the very next movie.  Again, I'm not saying that they should, or will, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if all of this talk about prequels and spin-offs, etc. is all just smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from them making this big revelation, when the time is right for them to kickstart the ME marketing machine all over again of course...:-)

[quote user="Flickamatuta"]

@VoteDC Evidently I did not realize it was an old video (nor did Arkham) as I would have not put it up.

Also, not every one is familiar with who and who does not work at Bioware.

[/quote]You manage to find a reposted video on YouTube but somehow missed one of the biggest pieces of gaming news of 2012?

Forgive my scepticism but I rather think you'd hoped to create some reactions and didn't expect to be caught out so quickly.

My sincere apologies if that is not the case.