if this doesnt win game of the year...

i will be shocked

so you have a great looking standard campaign with different difficulty levels, an arcade-mode campaign, a "horde 2.0", which looks insane!!!!!!, beast mode, multiplayer mode with 6 modes! and thats only so far...and everything seems flawless...idk bout you guys, but my social life is goin bye bye after september 20th, i never wanted a summer to go by so quick...

Gears of War 1 is in my top 3 favorite games, and yet after playing the 3 beta i feel like its so lacking!

HURRY UP!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

and co-op =p

the list goes on!

GotY means nothing as 100s of sites give the "award" away. Which site means more than others? It will be one of the top games this year no matter what so just be happy we get to play it!

I think LA Noire will win just because what all the mags and sites said. Personal Noire was a great story but a boring game. my list is Gears3, MW3, Assassins creed, Battlefield3, Noire, Batman, and maybe Duke but their can still be a surprise entry since many more games are coming out.

gears 3, assassins creed and bf3 tbh

mw3 wont win, the only reason its on your list is cuz its a call of duty game, besides cod elite, which they make you pay for, whats new? in other words, what is new that actually comes with the 60 dollar game? nothing lol, reviews are gunna realize this is more of the same year after year, black ops received quite a few mediocre reviews actually

noire has generally good reviews, but its been said that is has its problems repeatedly, goty has to at least have a 90 or above rating...and its below that on gamerankings (which compiles all reviews and combines them into one score)

batman? lol, i realize the last batman was good, but what superhero game has ever been good twice in a row? let alone once lol, i say the last one was a fluke...but who knows

duke? no shot, i dont even have to give the reasons for that, jus look at the graphics lol, gameplay will still be from the early 2000s as well, no game that has ever been delayed repeatedly has been worth it tbh

gears 3 has all the content goin for it, and the gameplay based on the beta, plus its the last in a straight trilogy (yes mw3 has that goin for it too but it has all the stupid games in the middle of it like black ops that makes it lose its story)

bf3 clearly wins in the graphics dept so far, ill be able to tell from the beta if it deserves goty gameplay wise

and well, assassins creed is assassins creed, good series, itll deff be up there, it usually is

The actual game you need to be concerned about is Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim.  That game will most likely win.  But that doesn't mean I don't want Gears 3 to win.  Bethesda just has a track record for blowing the competition away when they release Elder Scrolls games.

Skyrim will win PC for sure but console Elder Scrolls games have never been that great in comparison.  Gears has real good shot at winning 360 game of the year from at least a few sites.

I think you guys are really overlooking Portal 2. Fabulous game. Very polished. A separate co-op story. The writing for the game was brilliant. Other than Gears of War, I can't think of a game I've had more fun playing than Portal 2. That game was amazing, and funny, and exciting, and just a great experience.  But to the OP, it is hard for a console exclusive to win GOTY, so do you just mean XBox GOTY? And if so, are we talking about the Spike TV Awards? What GOTY interests you the most. My problem with GOTY is that games are so subjective as to what people like. I love sandbox style games, but I know people who HATE them. I don't care much for FPSs, but obviously CoD and Halo speak volumes on the genre. As far as LA Noire goes, it was innovative, but I kind of hated the story and the main character, and by the end, the game was a tad boring, just walking around waiting for the controller to buzz to tell me there is another clue on the ground. And the whole "doubt" thing was irritating at times. What people said was true, but I was suppose to press for more information. I would hardly call that "doubt", but whatever.

Have to agree with ya on all Fronts but Batman.....

Loved the first one great game and really enjoyed - best damn Super Hero game ever IMO. I'm hoping for the same in the next one, GOTY don't know but I hope it will be good enough to be a contender anyway.

MW3? I'll be waiting for the bargin bins to try that out - burned far to many times in the wallet for those POS easy games.

Once again, why does it matter? Will it make you like any of those games more if one of the hundreds of gaming sites and shows says a game you own is their GotY?

Does that make you cool? Do you fit in with the mainsteam then?

Just play the games you like and move on. You guys sound like a bunch of girls trying to be popular.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

Once again, why does it matter? Will it make you like any of those games more if one of the hundreds of gaming sites and shows says a game you own is their GotY?

Does that make you cool? Do you fit in with the mainsteam then?

Just play the games you like and move on. You guys sound like a bunch of girls trying to be popular.

[/quote]

Were you talking to me?

I don't care about game ratings I play them cause I like them.

All I was saying is I'm hoping Batman2 is as good as the 1st one & I find recently CoD has failed in delivering with me it costs $150 for  the standard game here and I finish it in a number of hrs over a few days on Veteran 'it blows hard' i don't play that game online I play for the campaign, I like war shooters - but not falling for it again I'm gonna wait before getting it.